chapter twenty-nine

| Los Angeles, CA |

It was Thanksgiving day and everyone had been busy getting everything ready for tonight. Even on holiday, Taehyung had to stop by to see Namjoon in the morning and didn't come back home until five o'clock. Hoseok took the initiative to go buy everything they needed to prepare for their feast. Jihun tagged along and Jungkook got Jay to go along with them so that they could have an extra hand. 

At Taehyung's house Jungkook started working on cleaning up the place and getting the table set. Taehyung's housekeeper got the day off so the place needed to be presentable tonight. Thankfully, the only things laying around were clothes so Jungkook rounded up all the dirty clothes and put them in a basket to take to the laundry room. Taemin had taken a nap midday so the house was quiet as Jungkook vacuumed and cleaned the furniture.

He made sure the kitchen was ready for an afternoon of cooking. Taehyung had said that Hoseok would be in charge of the cooking and added that he was an exceptional cook. So Jungkook made sure the dishes were washed and the counters were full of space to allow Hoseok to have everything set in place. 

With time to spare since Jungkook had finished ahead of time, he decided to start setting the table up. He constructed his own table setup with flowers and candles as the centerpiece. As Jungkook worked he heard the front door open, thinking Hoseok and the boys had arrived. He walked towards the entrance of the house where he saw Taehyung taking off his shoes by the door. 

"You're back," Jungkook stated, catching Taehyung's attention. 

"Yeah, just had a meeting about the upcoming tour. That's all." Taehyung looked around. "Where's everyone else?"

"Hoseok, Jihun, and Jay went to the store to buy what we need for tonight," replied Jungkook.

"And Taemin?"

"He's asleep. I've just been getting things ready before everyone gets here," said Jungkook. 

"Oh, well let me help you. Make myself useful," Taehyung said with a smile. 

They both walked to the dining room and started placing silverware for each seat. Jungkook placed the mats and the plates while Taehyung placed utensils and glasses. They both worked in their own order around the table. At one moment, they stood side by side placing stuff on the table that Jungkook's hand brushed Taehyung's slightly. Jungkook moved his hand away slowly out of embarrassment, but Taehyung seemed unbothered about it. 

The silence between them made Jungkook anxious, even though they were both taking their time to get things in order. Taehyung seemed focused as he was very meticulous about the table's appearance. Jungkook decided to break the silence with the first thing that popped in his head. 

"So when are you and Hoseok having the wedding?" The question got Taehyung's attention.

"Oh, um I'm not sure. Everything is a bit complicated with the tour coming along. I don't think we'll even have it until late next year," Taehyung answered.

"Oh," Jungkook said, unsure of what to say. "Well everything will work out in the end."

Taehyung nodded his head in agreement. "I just hope Hoseok won't take things the wrong way when I tell him that we'll have to push everything back."

It felt weird for Jungkook to talk to Taehyung about things like helping his ex-husband with his impending wedding, but Jungkook wanted to be supportive. He told himself that he would endure it and just move forward from now on even if some things made him uncomfortable.

"So when did you two plan to have the wedding," Jungkook asked. They had both made their way to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Next month, around Christmas time actually. He said it would be special, but I have to start preparing for all of my promotions and debuts for next year. But he's not going to understand," Taehyung confessed.

Jungkook thought for a second and then thought of something that might be of use. "Well take my advice since I've had experience in this situation." Taehyung turned his head at Jungkook. "If Hoseok really loves you and wants to get married, then he'll understand the fact that you have this career that takes a lot of time from you. Whether something comes up where he's going to want your attention, he might have to just make sacrifices and enjoy the times when you are there. Because if there's no communication between the two of you, then everything will fall apart."

"Is that how you felt all those years, Jungkook," asked Taehyung. 

Jungkook was taken back as he began to self-reflect on his own words. "I-I guess that's just one of the things that I had to live with, but Hoseok didn't have any kids to worry about as well."

"I'm sorry that I've caused you pain." Taehyung got closer and placed his hand on Jungkook's thigh. "I guess I'll never stop saying that because I'll never really know how you struggled in our relationship."

Jungkook started feeling nervous as Taehyung's soft eyes kept their attention on him. "You shouldn't feel sorry anymore. You have your future with Hoseok to think about now." Those words were hard for Jungkook to say out loud. 

"Jungkook," Taehyung began, dropping his gaze from Jungkook. "I know this will sound crazy, but Hoseok and I are getting married," he said. 

Jungkook seemed puzzled by his words. "Yeah, I know that," he responded with a nervous chuckle." 

Taehyung looked back at Jungkook with a deep gaze. "Unless you give me a reason not to," he said as he squeezed Jungkook's thigh a little tighter.

Jungkook's body froze and all he could concentrate on was his heart pounding inside his chest. 

****

Hey guys, I'm back! I'm sorry for those who have missed me and the story. I have had a busy summer. I had finals in May, then I went on a study abroad trip to China, then I had a summer class that lasted around 6 hours a day along with my usual work schedule. I finally have my break and I'll be shadowing at my local hospital and going back to school very soon. 

Anyways, I hope you guys still haven't forgotten about what's been going on because I know I have. I actually had to re-read the last few chapters to help me get back on track. So I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and expect another update soon. 

Also remember to vote and leave your comments below! Just a reminder that we are getting to the end of the book so hang around until the very end! Until next time!

- A.