12

Jade

I placed the thousand dollar on his lap. He picked it up, "She gave you this?" He asked me. I nodded my head, "Yea she gave me it a few days ago. She fell for the "I need to get back on my feet" bullshit." I told him before laughing. He started laughing as well, "Still that little naive little girl." He told me.

"What you want me to do now?" I asked him. "Just continue to go over there, and make sure she trusts you." He said moving up in his seat, "When she trusts you which would take a while, we are gonna go in for the kill. Got it?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I hear you. I'm gonna head over there again today and I'ma ask her if I could stay with her." I told him. "Ion think she gon' do all that."

I grabbed my cross bag, "Watch me." I said before leaving.

Cardi

"Ya' bitches couldn't fucking wait till I came over there?" I yelled through the phone. I called my family in Trinidad and they told me that they cremated my mother. So I wasn't able to say my last goodbyes to her which pissed me the fuck off. 

I was still getting my financial situation together and buy a plane ticket over there. Brianna offered to help, but I declined but now I was regretting it. "Belcalis, it wasn't my decisio-" I hung up on her ass. I was so mad that I could cry but I refused to let the tears fall from my face.

My phone started ringing once again so I angrily picked it up, "Genesis stop fucking calling here." I screamed. "Yo chill. It's DJ." DJ spoke through the phone. "Oh... my bad. What's up DJ?" I said casually.

"Who was blowing up your phone that got you so mad?" He asked me. "It was a family member, but I'm fine now." - "Why were you cry yesterday morning?" He questioned. "My mother passed away." I said blandly.

"Oh damn, I ain't know all that. You good?" He asked me and I just nodded my head. "Ain't nothing I can do about it either way." I said shrugging my shoulders. I mourned my mother's dead already, so it was easier for me to hold my feelings.

"Belcalis, go and put on your jacket." My mother told me. "Where we going?" I asked her while grabbing my jacket from my closet. "I'ma take you somewhere, hurry up." She said. I was so happy because I didn't really go out, so I quickly put on my jacket and went over to my mom.

"I'm ready." I told her and she grabbed my hand and we walked over to the bus stop. While waiting for the bus stop, we sat down. "You know I love you Belcalis?" My mother told me and I nodded my head. "I love you too mommy." I replied back and the bus came.

--

After the bus ride, we got off and we walked into a small building. We walked straight towards the front desk with a female receptionist greeted us. "Welcome to TGH. How can I help you?" She said with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"I'm here for drop off." My mother told me and the lady looked over at me before looking back at my mom. "Okay... what's her name?" She asked my mother. "Belcalis Alamanzar." The lady started typing in the computer. "Okay, I see her name. We will call  the manager to take her." She said and my mother nodded her head and grabbed my hand we sat down in the waiting area.

"Where are we mommy?" I asked her. She didn't say anything, so I just turned around and faced the window and looked at the passing cars. About a few more moments, I heard somebody call my name. I turned around and both me and my mother stood up.

The lady walked over to us, "Hi Belcalis. You are so pretty. How old are you?" She asked me. "Six..." I said lowly. She grabbed on to my hand, "You are gonna live here for now, but don't worry you will meet a lot of friends and have so much fun." She said walking away and I turned around and saw my mother leaving.