31

this chapter is going to turn dark quick. the point of views are going to switch frequently and there is a purpose for that.

*** this was probably one of the hardest things to write

Cardi

I sat on the floor furiously packing my clothes into my luggage. I knew I was overreacting for believing August' enemy when he called me a side bitch, but for August to just sit there and act like I wasn't there for him is what pushed me off the edge.

Chandra walked into the room and stood by the doorway, "What's wrong sis?" She asked me. Since I didn't unpack too many clothes, I was already finished. I picked both luggages from the ground. "I'm going back to New York, whenever August comes back just let him know." I told her.

"Why you leaving wit'out him?" I shook my head. "I don't really wanna talk about it. Thank you so much for letting me into your home. I really appreciate you for everything." Chandra nodded her head. "I unda'stand baybeh." She pulled me into a hug. "Make sure ta' text me once ya' land right back in New York." She told me. "Of course and tell the girls I said bye." I said before leaving to the airport.

August

I sat in my car rolling my blunt. As much as I wanted to pick up the phone and call Cardi, what she said ta' was me was hella disrespectful. She was gon' gimme my space and I'ma give ha' hers. I was headin' ova' to Travis' crib since I was leaving tomorrow morning and I ain't really get time to chill wit' him.

"Wassup my nigga." I said walking into his house. "What it do bro?" He said getting up and dabbing me up. "I'm coolin'." I replied dryly sitting down on the sofa. "How it go wit' mama."

"Shit went all da' way left." I said shaking my head and lighting up the blunt. "I get ta' ha' house and I ca' already tell she back on da' shit. I'm askin' her about what she doin' and dis' nigga Brandon wan' come out and play me. But Cardi got me out before we really got into it."

"Damn man. There's jus' some shit you ca' neva' jus' fix." He said and I exhaled the blunt and passed it to him. "Mane who you tellin'?"

"Whea' Cardi? She like velcro and y'all always ta'gether." He said laughing and taking another pull. "I think she back at Chandras'. We ain't really feelin' each otha' right na'."

"I ca' tell she a good women, she was wit' you in the hospital since day one. Don't do some stupid shit to ha'." He said. "I really care about ha' but I jus' need some space right now." I took the blunt away from him and took a long ass pull.

Sandra Carter

I knew I had to quickly get over to Brianna's home because it was only a matter of time that things was going to get bad. I quickly threw on my jacket and ran out the door.

Chris

I was doing something that I should've done a long time ago.

Brianna

I was finishing something that I should've done the day I met Chris.

Chris

I walked into the jeweler.  "How you doing Chris?" The owner of the store greeted me as I walked in. "I'm here to pick up da' ring."  I told him.

He went around the glass counter and pulled out the ring that I customized for Brianna.