<1>

He felt her words shoot through his heart

He felt her words shoot through his heart. Just like bullets. He felt his heart ache. The pain was so intense. It amazed him how just these words could pierce through his body. He felt those words sink in. He just couldn't process what was happening. Another betrayal. Another person drifting away from him and leaving him. Maybe that was just the way of the world... It was a mystery to him.

She felt relieved. This fighting was not worth her time. She slept with another guy, yes. That is what she did when felt tied down. She wanted to escape. Her way of surviving was using people. She never had a realistic idea of what a romantic relationship between two people should look like. Maybe he really loved her. She would never know but she did know that she can't let herself slip. Never again. The thought of him actually loving her was just too much for her to handle.

"S-so you cheated? It's that easy for you to admit it?" his voice trembled.

She arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. She wanted to get this over with. Was that conversation going to be long? She had to get some work done and he was just being ludicrous right now. She cheated all of the time. Nothing new. He should've known better. He reminded her of her young self. So naïve.

"Yes."

"I see...so, uhm, this was last week. When did you intend on telling me?"

A silence fell between them. A painful silence for both of them. He still had this excruciating pain in his chest. Then she decided that this needed to be over.

"Look...things between us just don't seem to be working. I felt bored, okay? I feel like we need a break... Just so we can figure out how we truly feel about each other, okay, Dean?"

Dean was just one of her toys. One of her favorites. Always so sweet and caring. He would never let anything happen to her and sometimes it made her feel like she had control over him. Was he really this sweet? She knew better than to believe that. People always used other people. Sacrifice in the name of love was a fabrication of movies and poetry.

He chuckled. One of those sad, full of desperation chuckles. He put his hands behind his neck and let his head rest there for a minute.

Dean loved her. At least he thought he did. You can't love someone who doesn't have the same feelings for you, can you?

"AJ, sweetie, you know what? Let's just go our separate ways. You go hop on every guy that crosses your way and I get away from this toxic atmosphere that is somehow always around you. Sounds good, right?"

He felt tears sting his eyes. He clenched his fists and quickly walked away before April could say anything.

1...2...3

Ding ding ding.

Your winner by submission and still the RAW Women's Champion...AJ LEE!