<10>

She cried and cried and cried

She cried and cried and cried... He wouldn't stop. He hit her again, again and again.
Forcing himself into her, painfully stretching her out.

"Stop." She let out a silent cry. "Please, stop." It had been an hour. Her parents stood silently in the other room. Doing nothing. They were going to sell her daughter for a good amount of money. The needed to. They didn't have any money. That's what they told themselves. They needed to.

He threw her on the ground and stared at her little defenseless body on the ground. She had served her purpose for the day. He was going to come back tomorrow and get her to live with him. To please him and to serve his selfish needs.

This couldn't be happening. No, no, no...

AJ woke up struggling to breathe, gasping for air. Soon she felt a hand rubbing her back.

"Baby, are you okay?" Dolph asked while rubbing his eyes with his other hand.

AJ gulped. "Yeah, i'm fine." She took a couple of deep breaths.

He sat up on the bed. "Was it another one of those...nightmares?" Dolph questioned rubbing lazy circles on her back.

She ran her fingers through her hair, holding back her tears. "I just want it to stop. I haven't seen him for 10 years and i keep having these visions, i-" Dolph hugged her tight while she silently sobbed.

"I promised you. I'll find this man. And he will pay for what he did to you." He held her even tighter.

"I don't think he hurt me that much. But the way my family was ready to sell me... I'll never feel a pain like that again." She stared at the night sky with tears streaming down her cheeks.

-

AJ (pov)

I went out of the hotel room to clear my head a little. I had a headache from all the crying the night before. That's why I hate showing emotions. It always backfires on me. But sometimes I can't help it when I feel miserable. I need someone to hold me, to tell me it's okay, that I'll get through it.

That's why I loved Dolph so much. He was there for me when I was at my breaking point. I knew he would never leave me. I trust him so much because I had no choice. He helped me run away from my family. He saved me. So he knew my whole story. And I just went with it. He is my closest person. However it was always more of a friendship rather than a romantic relationship.

I didn't wanna show it but I wanted to fall in love...someday. But every man seems like a cheater to me. After what that awful monster did to me, I never looked at a male the same. It sounds exaggerated but I'm scarred for life. He took something from me that he was not meant to take. My innocence was something beautiful, something personal. And he took it just like that. It wasn't fair...

Suddenly I bumped in something solid and fell on the ground.

"Well, hello, sunshine." a familiar voice greeted.

I looked up and saw none other than Dean Ambrose. He extended his hand to me and I had no energy to fight so I grabbed his hand as he helped me up.

"You look wrecked." He said looking me up and down.

Now I remembered my puffy eyes, my red cheeks, my stained shirt and let's not forget my hair was a mess. He was looking at me while I was in a vulnerable state.

Dean Ambrose (pov)

I really wanted to hate her. I really did. But for the first time...she seemed so fragile. Vulnerable. Yes, she didn't look the best but she was captivating.

"Thanks. Always a gentleman." AJ forced a smile and rolled her eyes.

I let out a genuine laugh and looked her in the eyes.

"Want to grab a coffee?"