<12>

"I don't need you to explain the situation to me

"I don't need you to explain the situation to me. I have my reasons to do this." Dean walked past her and leaned on the wall behind her. "Think about the championship. Don't worry about me." He slid down the wall and sat on the ground. "I'll be fine."

~

AJ made sure her chucks were tied up and good to go. She wrapped the title around her waist checking a few times if it's secure. For some reason she was anxious. The storyline with Dean and Alexa made her palms sweaty. This particular day she had a match against her friend Paige but whenever she was in the arena The Black Widow was nervous and fidgety. She had a bad feeling about getting so close to Ambrose and Bliss. Something was not right.

But she would get through it. She always did.

AJ jumped up and down waiting for the music to hit. And when it did she burst through the curtains and skipped her way to the ring.

As soon as she got in the ring and the bell rang she backed Paige into the corner unloading a few kicks on her. The Black Widow was hyping up the crowd when her opponent grabbed her by the hair and started throwing punches in her face.

AJ loved wrestling with Paige. She loved her a lot and saw herself in this girl a lot. They got along really well. She thought there was something so fun about wrestling with her friends. It reminded her of the good old times in NXT where she had created so many friendships.

The match went on for several minutes when AJ locked the black widow on Paige. She quickly tapped out and the brunette released the hold. She skipped around the ring with joy until the music stopped and a familiar laugh echoed through the arena. AJ shifted her gaze to the titantron.

Alexa was backstage laughing hysterically. She suddenly stopped and looked straight into the camera.

"Don't be so quick to celebrate, AJ. I've got my eyes on that championship . We all know I am the only Goddess here. The only one worthy of that title." She smiled devilishly.

The Black Widow chuckled and waited for Bliss to continue her promo.

"It's called the Women's championship. It's not for little girls to play with. And that's exactly why no matter what that title belongs to me." AJ laughed at the irony of that statement. "It's calling my name. And you know I always get my way. I will steal the show and i will steal that title..." Dean came into frame as the brunette's jaw clenched. "...just like i stole your man."

The crowd went crazy, the camera cut off and the segment was over.

-

AJ (POV)

I was so mad. Didn't know why. Dean and Alexa are engaged for god's sake what do i care. But after i saw his face on the titantron i felt a sting of jealousy. Seeing him move on was weird. Especially with Alexa. And getting engaged? It came out of nowhere. There is something going on. And i need to find out what.

I was walking towards the locker room and once again i bumped into something.

"Well, hello, sunshine." Dean's familiar deep voice greeted me as he offered me his hand. I ignored it and got up. "That's starting to become a habit." He referred to me bumping into him...again.

"Sorry and don't call me that." I half spat even though I didn't intend to.

Dean raised his eyebrows in surprise and a huge grin came over his face.

"What is it with you today, pouty?" He made a sad face and gave me the puppy eyes.

"Don't call me that either. I'm not in the mood." I crossed my hands in front of my chest and frowned.

"Aw, did Alexa hurt your feelings?" He took my chin between his thumb and his index finger.

I stared at him in disbelief and slapped his hand away. "You wish."

He smirked and i thought he was going to walk away when i felt his hot breath against my ear and I shivered at the feeling. "Jealous?"

My head almost instinctively turned to the side and i was met with his icy blue eyes. Deep like the ocean. Just like that i felt lost. And I don't know why but my heart fluttered like crazy.

~