<18>

Elise's eyes sparked with anger. "Fine." She said through gritted teeth. "But you will be with me. Remember that." Right after she said that she stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her.

~

"So basically you told AJ that the engagement is fake."

Dean and Alexa were laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

"Yup." He sighed.

"I just can't believe this is happening. I have my biggest chance at Wrestlemania. All eyes are gonna be on us. In the end it's all gonna be worth it." Alexa smiled dreamily.

"Do you think AJ can change?" Dean continued staring at the ceiling.

Alexa turned her head towards him. "Everyone is capable of changing, Dean. That's why I'm always making sure that you're confident in your decision. You want to break her and turn her life around. Is that in order to change her? Because something else may change her for the better too."

"Love?" He scoffed. "Believe me, I've tried that. It didn't work."

"You told me she never showed any pain. She never shared anything meaningful with you. Maybe you never got to know her story. You don't know why she is the way she is."

Dean got up from the bed. "Do you want this plan to work or not? You want the title. Stop trying to change my mind." He rubbed at his temples.

"Fine." Alexa put her hands up in surrender. "I'm just trying to be rational here. Think about what I said."

-

Roman and Dean were sitting in front of the monitor, both of them attentively watching AJ's match against Alexa. It was a great match.

"How's the big plan going?" Roman grinned.

Dean rolled his eyes. "It's fine. AJ will soon be with me."

Roman pursed his lips and patted him on the shoulder. "Whatever you say, big guy." He got up and walked out of the room.

Once AJ and Alexa's match was over Dean rushed to the gorilla waiting for them. AJ had won the match.

Once they returned backstage, sweat dripping off of them, Dean greeted them with a big smile.

"Great match." He gave Alexa's shoulder a squeeze.

"Thanks." She winked and continued off to the locker rooms.

AJ squinted her eyes and looked at him suspiciously. "So you two are not together?"

"Nope." Dean said popping the 'p'. An awkward silence settled in.

"So..." AJ started off tentatively. "You do remember what happened?" She looked up at him.

Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "What happened?"

AJ held her breath. She would tell him. Just not right now.

"Well you were so drunk that I helped you to your room." She laughed.

Dean smiled. "Really?"

AJ returned the smile. "Yeah, it was funny. You were all over the place. You know you're really annoying when-"

She was cut off by Dean grabbing a hold of her hand. He rubbed little circles with his thumb.

"You did really good out there." He praised her while looking down at their intertwined fingers.

"I know." AJ smirked.

Dean leaned in closer to her and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. "Think about what I said yesterday, okay?" He gave her hand a squeeze and walked away.

AJ sighed heavily.

-

April walked in the pouring rain with no direction. Nowhere to go to. No one to turn to. She was dragging her feet through the water. Tears were streaming down her face. She wanted to feel something. Something. Whatever it is. Just something worth living. She stopped by a fence and leaned on it. She looked up at the night sky and prayed to feel something. To stop being numb. Something to give her hope to give her a reason to continue living. April slid down to the ground and brought her knees to her chest as she sat in the mud. She put her face in her hands and continued praying. That's when she heard footsteps approaching.