<9>

We were getting to a dangerous place

We were getting to a dangerous place. All eyes were on us. People waited for me to do something. To give them a show. To entertain them.

~

Their noses were touching. The two of them studying each other's faces, their breathing getting heavy, the air between them didn't suffice. AJ put her hands on his chest, getting closer and... she pushed him.

AJ laughed as he fell, the crowd going crazy. She was about to turn around when Alexa linked her hands to hers and slid her down her back, AJ's shoulders touching the mat. Bliss went for a cover. 1...2...3!

The Black Widow could hear her laughing hysterically. She closed her eyes and screamed from frustration. When she got up she saw Dean carrying Alexa backstage.

-

"Wow." Celeste blurted out.

"Yeah, I know." AJ was sitting on the floor in the women's locker room tying up her chucks. "I have no idea what this douche was doing out there. I'm not quite sure if I was set up to fail or if this was to get the crowd hyped up. Either way I'm gonna have a talk with Ambrose." She got up from the ground, dusting her thighs off from the dirt on the ground.

Celeste and Paige gave each other a look. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Paige tried to tackle the topic first.

"Umm... yeah why?" AJ went up to the mirror and started fixing her hair.

"Well, if things don't go well you're going to end up at each other's throats which might lead to one of you being suspended, worst case scenario, it ends up being you." Celeste continued.

AJ let out a laugh. "Do you really think I'm that stupid? I'm not gonna do anything, I just want to talk to him. Maybe reason with him. After all, we're trying to establish a respectful relationship between each other." She winked and skipped out if the locker room.

Silence fell between her two friends.

"Doesn't she seem a little different?" Paige asked concerned.

"I don't even know anymore."

-

"I wanna talk to you. Meet me at the corridor."

AJ.

Dean smiled at his phone.

-

AJ leaned on the wall behind her while picking at her nails. She felt someone walking towards her and turned her head to the side.

"Hello, sunshine." His voice was deep but flattering.

Dean had changed. His presence radiated indifference. At the same time his voice sounded like it belonged to a lover. His eyes were cold but very familiar to AJ. These blue orbs once looked at her lovingly. His smile was cynical and almost derisive. She still felt very allured to him for some reason.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming out tonight?" AJ questioned.

"Told you. It was a surprise." He put his hand on his hips.

"I would've hated it either way." AJ stepped from one foot to the other.

"Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?" Dean crossed his hands over his chest like he didn't know what to do with them.

"I just wanted to make sure we were still on good terms, okay?" She batted her eyelashes.

"Since when do you care?" He asked with mischief in his eyes.

AJ scoffed "Oh, don't flatter yourself, I just wanted to make sure that we're good"

"We are. Now if you'll excuse me. I have to go see my fiancée." Dean tapped her nose and walked away.

He really had changed, huh...