<11>

"Want to grab a coffee?"

~

AJ and Dean walked in a small café near their hotel. They got their coffees and sat in a booth in the back.

"Why are you staring at me?" She shifted in her seat.

"I don't know..." Dean laughed. "You just look different." He referred to her stained shirt.

"Okay, I had a rough night, shut up." AJ suppressed her laugh.

"AJ Lee had a rough night?! Wow, that's surprising." He gawked as she rolled her eyes.

"It would be surprising if you stopped mocking me." AJ took a sip of her coffee throwing him a snarky smile.

Dean threw his head back and laughed. She missed his laugh. No matter what dumb joke or sarcastic comment she made he always laughed just to please her. AJ couldn't help giggling at the sight of him cackling.

"You're the one staring now." He pointed a finger towards her.

"Yeah, because you look ugly when you laugh, I can't help it." She smirked.

"Okay, enough with the snarky comments. Let's not hurt my feelings." Dean put his hand on his chest and pouted.

He missed her smile. It could light up the whole room. Why did she have to do this? They could be so happy together. But she just used him.

"Hello? Quit daydreaming, I'm right here, asshole." AJ waived her hand in front of his face.

"AJ, why did you chea-"

Dean's phone went off.

Alexa.

"Duty calls." He pursed his lips and gave AJ an apologetic look before leaving the café.

She sighed heavily and drunk the rest of her coffee. April put the cup down and gazed at Dean who was walking away.

Maybe one day he will be able to forgive me.

"I'm sorry can i take your-" AJ's trance was cut off by a waitress. Elise.

"AJ, oh my god! Hi!" She squealed.

"Hey...what are you doing here? Weren't you a WWE waitress and all?" The brunette squinted her eyes.

"Well yes but... I left. I feel a lot better working here. How are you doing?" Elise beamed at her.

"I'm fine but I'll catch you later, I have some errands to run." AJ smiled and left the blonde standing in the café.

"Give me a call when you have time!" Elise yelled behind her.

-

"You're not forgetting that this is a plan right?"  Alexa crossed her arms.

"I'm not stupid I know what I got into. Don't question my validity." Dean walked over to the bathroom of their hotel room.

"I'm just saying all the dates are not necessary to make her fall for you. She doesn't wanna show it but sometimes it's obvious you get under her skin and she doesn't let a lot of people do that." She walked over to the door frame and leaned on it while Dean washed his face.

"Don't be so sure. She doesn't love anyone but herself. I've experienced it. Everyone is a pawn in her game" He wiped his face off with a towel.

"Everyone has someone they rely on. She's not invincible." The blonde gazed at him. "You're still sure about this? I told you it's not a good idea. Not really something I expected from you either. I'm just doing this for the title, I don't care about AJ." Alexa gave him a questioning look.

"I don't need you to explain the situation to me. I have my reasons to do this." Dean walked past her and leaned on the wall behind her. "Think about the championship. Don't worry about me." He slid down the wall and sat on the ground. "I'll be fine."

~