<17>

She thought she was dreaming

~

She wasn't.

Their lips moved in sync while Dean's hands rested on AJ's waist. He explored every corner of her mouth like he had been waiting do to it for a long time. She dragged her hands from his biceps up to his shoulders and finally they ended up behind his neck.

"Dean...I-" She tried removing her hands but Dean held her close. "This is too much too fast. I thought you were over me. That you moved on."

"I wanted to but I couldn't. I couldn't take my mind off of you." He cupped her face with her hands bringing her attention back to him.

AJ was shocked.

"I don't know what to say." She looked to the side trying to distract herself.

"You don't have to say anything right now. I just want you to know I will wait for you. Think about it. Think about us." Dean pecked her lips one last time and left the room as fast as he had entered it, leaving her even more confused than before.

-

"I thought you hated her guts. Now all of a sudden you want to be with AJ. How?"

Seth and Dean were taking a walk in the park near their hotel.

"I never hated her. I hated what she did to me. But I believe she can change if she truly feels safe and loved."

Dean couldn't tell Seth the real reason he wanted to get together with AJ. He was best friends with her and he didn't want to make him choose sides.

"Don't hurt her. This sounds stupid but just because she doesn't show pain doesn't mean she doesn't hold a lot of it inside. Be careful, Dean."

Dean nodded and pursed his lips. "I will."

-

AJ stayed in her room the whole day. She stared at the ceiling and thought about everything. What the hell was Dean thinking?

She heard a knock on the door. AJ rolled her eyes and got up from the bed. Why did Paige always have to forget her key. She opened the door to reveal a blonde girl standing in front of her.

"What are you doing here?"

Elise walked into the room without answering.

"AJ, I have to tell you something."

AJ looked at her puzzled. "Okay... but how did you know where my room was?"

"Friends with the WWE staff." She walked up to the brunette and grasped her hands. "AJ, I have feelings for you. I know you felt the spark between us too. It's undeniable." She caressed her cheek. "I want to be with you."

AJ laughed. "Elise, is this a joke? We barely talked."

"I know but I feel connected to you. I know you feel it too!"

"Elise, I'm sorry if I gave off the wrong impression but I was only interested at first. Right now I don't want to be in a relationship with you. I hope you find the right person."

Elise's eyes sparked with anger. "Fine." She said through gritted teeth. "But you will be with me. Remember that." Right after she said that she stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her.

~