Chapter 7

'Ugh." I groan rolling over in my bed to find the source of noise that woke me up, I find my phone, curtesy of Benny, it's vibrating on my side table, I internally scream as I see the time, but I have a missed call from Ben, why was he calling now?

I ring him back and wait for him to answer, "hello?" He questions, "Ben what are you doing up, it's 2 in the morning." I ask him, "I know I know, I'm sorry but I couldn't sleep." He tells me and I can hear the nerves in his voice, "ok I'll meet you, in 10 minutes okay?"I sigh "ok, ok meet me at the front of the school." He tells me "ok I'll see you in 10." I reply, "thank you." He says and I can hear the relief in his voice "ok bye." I say hanging up and I get up and get changed. ⬇️

 I see Ben at the school gates, his hair is a mess, no scratch that he's a mess, I can see him pacing back and forth and he's about to bite his nails when I run over and pull his hand down from his face, "no, don't bite your nails you don't need n...

I see Ben at the school gates, his hair is a mess, no scratch that he's a mess, I can see him pacing back and forth and he's about to bite his nails when I run over and pull his hand down from his face, "no, don't bite your nails you don't need nasty nails for your coronation later, Evie would not be pleased." I tell him making him smile, "finally you're here, come on." He grabs my hand and pulls me along somewhere. He pulls me over to his bike and he takes me to some rope bridge.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I ask him skeptically glancing at the old bridge, "of course it is." he tells me for the fifth time rolling his eyes, " Hmm I don't know, what if it jus-" I start to say but am interrupted by Ben pushing me onto the bridge. "BEN!" I shout at him eyes wide in fear, "I'm sorry but you wouldn't stop asking and I know it's safe."He tries to defend himself, I am honestly so scared right now what if it just snaps and breaks then what? I'll fall and die and if that happens I am totally coming back and haunting Ben.

We make it across and I see a really pretty lake or river. "It's really pretty." I say to him as we sit down, "yeah, I come here to think sometimes." he tells me "and this is where I brought Mal on our date." he adds and I nod.

"so what's up, why did you drag me out of bed at 2 a.m?" I ask dangling my feet into the water. "I'm scared." He says "of being king?" I frown as he nods his head yes, "I just feel like I can't do this and that I'm gong to make a wrong choice or mess up and everyone's going to hate me and-" He rambles,"Ben don't worry you're going to do great you'll be an amazing king and no one can hate you." I cut him off, "thanks but I just don't know." He says "well I do know that you have nothing to worry about." I say and he nods a smile coming onto his face.

"Thanks Holland." He tells me giving me a hug. "That's what best friends are for." I reply pulling away from the hug. "Do you want to stay here and watch the sunrise?" He asks me, "sure why not, it's not like I can go back to bed now anyways." I shrug.

"Holly wake up." I hear as I open my eyes, "what do you want Evie." I question rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I hear a chuckle a very masculine chuckle, and I remember I'm with Ben, I must've fallen asleep. "I'm not Evie." He tells me as I sit up. "Oh my goodness!" I exclaim standing up after checking my phone, "what?" He worries, "it's already, 7." I tell him, "we've got to go back now, or I'm not going to have enough time to get ready." I tell him and he laughs. "It's not funny, do you want me to look like an ugly rat at your coronation?" I ask him rhetorically, "no, but why do you need so much time to get ready?" He asks dumbfounded, "because I do." I say and walk back to the rope bridge.