Cool

Jubilee POV

"Scott you wouldn't know cool if it hit you in the face," Peter snaps looking at his shaded friend. "You don't have a cool bone in your body."
"That means a lot from the 22 year old who is living in his mom's basement," Scott snaps back, and I flinch a bit. I know Peter is kinda insecure about himself, and Scott really isn't helping.
"Okay Shades, just because you wear sunglasses doesn't mean you're cool!" Says Peter who ignored the last comment.
"Jubilee, tell Peter I'm cool," Scott says turning to me. My face drops and but and I give him a friendly frown.
"Sorry Scott, I gotta agree with Peter on this one," I say waking over to a smiling Peter to sit with him. I sit beside him but he pulls me in his lap, which I don't mind, he's quite comfortable.
"You're just saying that because you're his girlfriend!" Scott says annoyed
"At least I have girlfriend, all you ever do is pine after Jean all day!" Peter snaps back.
"I don't pine after Jean! I don't even like her like that!" Scott says throwing his hands up.
"You talk in your sleep you know," Did I mention they were roommates until Scott's room is fixed from an accident. It makes their fighting ten times worse.
"So do you!" Scott yells back in defense.
"No dipstick that's called having a PHONE! I only need like 3 hours of sleep at once. And I make sure it's while you're asleep!" Peter yells back, but making sure it's not in my here.
"Who were you on the phone with at midnight huh?" Scott asks, more curious now than mad. This makes me curious too, is he talking to other girls? "Any girlfriends we don't know about?" Scott asks.
"Yeah it's a girl but there's no way she's my girlfriend," Peter says wrapping his arms around me to keep me warm.
"Oh? Than why talk to her so early in the morning?"Scott questions, trying to break Peter.
"Dude it was just Wanda. I was just helping her with her homework. I may have dropped out of school but I know stuff," Peter says casually.
"Who's Wanda? Ex? Future girlfriend?" Scott inquiries.
"She's my little sister you dimwit!" Peter says rolling his eyes. I laugh and laugh and laugh. To the point where I'm crying and Peter has to pick me and carry me away.
"You didn't think I was cheating on you right?" Peter says after he put up against a tree so I'm leaning back on the tree and he's right in front of me.
"I know you would never cheat on me. And if you do I will roast you with my powers, K?" I say giggling wrapping my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me. He just laughs and put his forehead against mine.
"I love you Firecracker," he says closing his eyes.
"I love you too," I say before kissing him.