Misunderstandings.

"Hey Jean! Thanks for agreeing to this! I got the reservation already, but Scott bailed at last minute. What gives right?" I say smiling at my friend.
"It's not a problem, you're fun to hang out with! I also don't get a head ache when I'm around you!" She responds smiling back at me.
"Really? I thought I'd be worse than most since ya know...I think so fast."
"No it actually blocks me out! I can't see into your mind unless you purposely think about one thing only." I grin and start thinking all about- "Pizza? Really Peter?" I laugh as I pull the door open for her. We walk into the restaurant, it's nothing special. Just a small Mexican place I really like. The waiter leads us to our table, but accidentally bumps into someone on his way.
"Oh! I'm so sorry!" The person says, and I immediately know who it is.
"Hey Jubilee! What's up!" I say to her, she smiles at me, but her face seems to drop when she sees Jean. She quickly stops herself and starts smiling again.
"Nothing! Just here with Kitty. She's been having some boy drama," she responds. "We were actually just about to leave." I see Kitty standing right behind her. She grins and waves at me.
"Hey Kitty cat! If boys are giving you trouble just call me over, I'll put 'em straight for ya!" I say punching one of my fists into the air. She laughs, but Jean gives me the death stare. "Okay okay jeez!"
"Well we should get going uh...bye guys!" Jubilee says leading Kitty out the door.
"Well someone was acting strange today!" Jean bites her lip and nods slowly.
(Time skip one hour)
"I enjoyed that! We should go back sometime their food was great!" Jean says as we walk back to the mansion. "My feet are getting tired, run us back would you?"
"I thought you would never ask! You people are so slow my god!" I scoop her up and run us to the mansion. Jubilee stands up from her seat and briskly walks off. I put Jean down and go after her. "Hey you okay? You seem a bit off." I say following her into her room, which has scorch marks on it.
"I'm fine," she responds bitterly. "How was your date?"
"It wasn't a date. I was going to go with Scott but he canceled last minute." She takes a breath, and I note that she looks kind of relieved.
"Oh uh-" she starts but I cut her off.
"Did you think I was going on a date with Jean? I'm only seeing you I told you that." I say to her waking in front of her.
"Yeah but she's like miss perfect! And I'm-" she says being cut off again.
"Way cooler than her! Listen please don't be mad at me she's just a good friend! She hangs out with me because I don't give her migraines! I like you and only you, I will on my like you. Forever and always," She smiles the sadness in her face receding replaced by her usual smile. "Why don't I go get ice cream, and we can binge whatever show you want."
"How about we go get ice cream, I watch you pay for yours and then I'll pay for mine. Finally we come back and watch the new episode of Doctor Who that's on tonight!"
"It's a date!" I say excited.
"On one condition!" She says wrapping her arms around my neck.
"Yes?" I ask.
"Carry me." She says jumping up so I have to catch her.
"Your lucky I react so fast," I tell her walking out of her room passing Jean and Kitty. They do that girly awww thing. I roll my eyes and speed away with my girlfriend when we get into the lawn.