Babysitting

Jubilee POV

"Alright! Time for bed Wanda!" I say walking into her room, Peter only a few steps behind me. We are watching her for the week while Peter's mom is away.
"I don't want to go to bed!" She shouts back pouting. I haven't really dealt with kids before, so I am not really sure what to do. Peter picks her up, and they both sit down on her bed.
"But aren't you tired? You've done so much today!" Peter says with an enthusiastic grin, it was true. We had been playing with her basically all day, even I was tired. Wanda tries to hide her yawn, but Peter notices it.
"I'm not sleepy!"
"Okay okay! Then let's play a game!" Peter says with a smile.
"Games!"
"You try to find your favorite bed time story before I finish counting to twenty, and I will buy us all ice cream!"
"Ice cream!"
"Yeah! Now hurry up!" She gets up and runs across the room. "One," he waits a minute as Wanda goes through the shelves. "Two," an even longer pause. "Three....Four...Fi-"
"I found it!" Wanda shouts running over to him and hopping back on the bed. "You owe us an ice cream!"
"Oh you win!" Peter shouts acting upset. She can't tell this though and hugs him tightly.
"It's okay! You did good!" She is so cute, Peter wraps his arms around her too.
"Now why don't I read you your story!"
"Yay! Do the funny voices! Do the funny voices!" I smile at the two of them as he opens the book. Wanda is now tucked in her bed, listening intently to her brother reading. He changes his voice to sound like the characters, and she is laughing her head off. By the end of it I can tell she is feeling tired, but she still will not give in. "I'm not sleepy Peter! Can we play another game?"
"Man, Wanda, you're wearing me out!" He says with a smile before laying down next to her.
"Can you sing me a song? I promise I will go to bed after it!" Sing her a song? This is a surprise. Peter's face goes bright red, but he nods anyways. I've only heard him sing a few times, he's good but he usually just sings rock music.
"Any requests?"
"Dumbo! Dumbo!"
"Okay," he clears his throat loudly and Wanda giggles.
"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart.
Never to part, baby of mine." Wanda is already looking drowsier, her head is against the pillow. Her eyes are barely open. Her head falls back, and her eyes close. Peter gets off her bed and walks over to me. He wraps an arm around my waist.
"I never knew you were such a good singer," I say softly as he closes the door.
"I don't really sing in front of people." He says looking away.
"Well you should," I state before kissing him on the lips. He kisses me back softly, his hands rest gently on my hips. "You'll be such a great father some day." I say with a smile knowing that if we ever have children he will know what to do. We walk down to the basement, and Peter turns some music on. It's a slow song, Fooled Around and Fell in Love, our first ever slow dance together. He holds his hand out to me. I gently take it, and he pulls me close to him. He wraps his arms around me waist, and I wrap mine around his neck. He is keeping a fair distance, but I pull him closer until I am pressed right against him. We just stand there swaying gently. I rest my head against his chest, and he puts his head on top of mine. He runs a small circle on my hip with his thumb. I sigh contently, I've always loved staying with Peter. He is more open at home than at the school. I kiss his jaw, and he tips his head back. His fingers gently run over my wedding ring.
"You're so beautiful," he whispers and I smile softly at him before pulling him into a kiss. I move my arms so that one of my hands is on his chest, and I gently run the other through his hair. I know he loves it when I do that. He gently bites down on my lower lip, but I decide to tease him a bit and don't open my mouth. He gently pulls back on my hair. I gasp, but we are interrupted by Wanda crying upstairs. "Nightmares, she gets them a lot." He explains kissing me softly. He walks towards the steps, but as he reaches the bottom step he runs back to me. "Don't think you're getting away with that trick love." He whispers, before running upstairs. I smile knowing that no matter what he will be a great father. I wait for him on his bed, until he comes back from calling down Wanda. I look at my necklace watch thingy and see that it's 9:43, I figure it'll take him ten minutes. I wait patiently and start pacing after my legs start to fall asleep. I look at my watch thingy again, it's 11:27! I start up the stairs when Peter starts coming down.
"Oh my god Jubilee I'm sorry I took so long, she has a lot of nightmares and it's hard for her to fall asleep. I tried to get her to sleep as fast as possible but she was so scared. I sang her like seven son-" He started saying before I cut him off.
"No! Don't apologize, it's so cute that you do this for her still. Most brothers wouldn't care, but you do and I love you for it. You're too perfect. You're real right?" I ask with a straight face wondering what I did to deserve his love.
"Oh I'm real. If I wasn't I couldn't do this!" He yells pushing me on his bed and laying next to me, wrapping his string arms around my small frame. I'm small, but strong, but I also like him doing this.
"I love you," I say tucking my head under his chin, burying my face in his chest. "I love more than I love anything else, I'd give up anything for you."
"I love you too. There's only one person who in this world who is equal with my love to you, and that's Wanda. I'd give up anything for you too Jubilee. I'd give up running for you if I had to!" He says and I look up from my comfy spot to look at him with wide eyes.
"You would give up running for me?!?" I say surprised. He loves running, he can't sit still, he vibrates for gods sake.
"Of course! I love you!" He says kissing the top of my head pulling me closer against his body. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know dear how much I love you, so please don't take my sunshine away," he start to sing and my eyes grow heavy. I feel something being draped over me and a begin to grow warm. His singing continues and I close my eyes and feel his arms drape over me. This is my favorite part about staying at his house, I fall asleep like this, and wake up to his eyes every morning.