Pretending

"Hey Peter!" I shout walking over to my boyfriend. He turns around, and I notice he is wearing Erik's helmet.
"I am not Peter I am Magneto! Master of magnetism! Fear me!" He shouts as he tries to make his voice sound deeper. I snort, and I can tell he's hold back a laugh. "What are you doing?! I do not understand laughter or jokes!" At this point I'm cracking up.
"Where's my helmet!" Erik shouts storming into the room. He looks at Peter and frowns in annoyance. "Peter, give it back." He says sternly.
"I AM NOT PETER I AM MAGNETO! MASTER OF MAGNETISM! FEAR ME!"
"Haha very funny, now give it back before I crush your head with it!" A frown crosses Peter's face for such a short amount of time that if I hadn't been focusing on it I wouldn't have noticed.
"HOW DARETH THEE PEASANT! THE ONLY PERSON WHO COULD EVER POSE A THREAT TO ME IS CHARLES!"
"Peter just give me the helmet." Erik states raising his hand a bit.
"You wouldn't dare."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, imagine how upset my mom would be. Trust me, not something you want to see!"
"Peter, just give me the helmet!" Peter takes it off and throws it to him with a huff.
"You are so lame." He runs out of the room before either of us can stop him.
"What's he so upset about?" I give him the nastiest look I can before taking off after Peter. I walk into his room and find him eating a box of twinkies.
"Peter, what was that about? He was just messing he wouldn't hurt you."
"How do you know, huh? He didn't care at all about me when I almost died! I was just another weakling to him!" Peter yells at me.
"You aren't weak Peter! You saved so many people! All these kids here, they'd be dead without you! And Mystique and Hank! You aren't weak Peter. Everyone knows that." I say putting a hand on his back gently. I look towards the door, which is slightly cracked open, and see a concerned Erik looking in. I gently kiss Peter's forehead before opening the door. "What is it?" I snap at him, fully prepping for whatever he might say.
"May I come in?" I look back at Peter who nods. Erik steps into the room and walks over to Peter's bed. He puts his hand on the Peter's back and gently moves his thumb in a circle.
"I love you you know that right?" Erik says, and Peter starts crying. "You aren't weak, and I never thought you were. None of us did. You broke me out of the Pentagon! I don't know many young men your age that can boast that." Peter cracks a small but meaningful smile. "You're the best son a man could ask for." I smile as Peter looks up at him with glazed eyes. "But you can't just steal stuff from me Peter! If that helmet fell into the wrong hands it could cause so many problems."
"If I had done that before you knew I was your son, would you have hurt me?" Peter says, and Erik goes silent.
"I wouldn't have killed you. I would never be able to bring myself to kill a child for something they didn't understand." Erik says as I go to lean on the wall.
"Yeah but I'm not a child! Erik I'm an adult! You missed the days of innocent child!" Peter snaps at him.
"Peter-"
"Please just leave me alone. I need to blow off some steam." Erik gets up and walks out. I let a sigh escape my lips.
"What am I going to do with you two?" I mutter. Putting my head up against the wall loudly, closing my eyes.
"What's your problem? You aren't the one who had a messed up childhood because your dad bailed and your mom didn't know how handle you," he snapped at me making me look at him with the sharpest look I could give, and he flinched.
"You wanna talk about messed up childhoods, I had no parents. At least you had a mom, mine threw me out. She didn't even know I had powers and hated me. I grew up in an orphanage until I ran away because it sucked. I lived in a freaking mall Peter. I had to steal food and drinks to survive. I discovered my powers running from security because if they caught me, they'd throw me back into that horrible place. Do you know how scary it was blowing things up while running away, but you were scared you hurt some someone. I got picked up by some of the girls who went out for a mall trip, and they brought me here before I got arrested or worse. Do you know what it's like to feel like a piece of trash, because you were thrown away. No, I didn't think so!" I say my hands igniting. He sits there gaping at me, I never told him about that. I storm out of his room, into mine and I scream out of rage and let my powers loose. I open my eyes to see my ceiling and walls have scorch marks on them. I sit down in the middle of the room and sob. I scream and I sob and just let go for the first time in years. I lay back on the floor out of everything. I feel bled dry, like I'm empty, and honestly I like it. I hear a knock on my door, and tell them to come in.
"Are you okay?" Peter asks walking in cautiously. He looks scared, scared of me, oh god not again. People are afraid is me again. I start crying again. Throwing myself on the bed. I feel a hand on my back, and it starts to rub circles until I stop crying. I take in a big breath, and look up at Peter. He has tear stains on his face too, I smile at him, and he smiles back.
"I'm sorry that I complain about my childhood all the time. Yours was probably worse, I'm sorry," he says as I start sitting up.
"Don't be. No one knows besides you and the girls. I just, I was mad about you and Erik and I've made peace with my childhood and what happened. I just had a lot of stress and anger built up. I just want you and Erik to have a relationship, yeah maybe it's a little late but it's more than nothing. You know?" I say leaning my head on his shoulder.
"Yeah I guess," he says, "What are we gonna do about your room, it's practically ruined?" He asks putting his arm around me, and leaning against the wall.
"We'll figure it out tomorrow. I'm exhausted and I just wanna sleep," I say sleepily.
"Than sleep Firecracker," he says putting my head on his lap, and grabbing a blanket for me. I close my eyes and say "I love you, and I know your childhood sucked. I'm sorry. I love you," I say before falling into unconscious.