Simulations

I walk through the hallways of the mansion, making my way towards the danger room. "Hey Jubilee, can I talk to you for a second?" Kitty says pulling me aside. "I told them not to, but you're practicing on a simulation of Peter today." My blood boils, he's my boyfriend! He loves me he would never fight me or any of the kids! "Please, don't be mad at me. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I swear I asked them not to!"
"Yeah, but it's good practice in case...well you know," one of the boys walking by says.
"Well you know what?" I snap at him, and he steps back a bit.
"I mean if anyone turned on us it would be Peter." How dare he! Peter loves it here! He loves the people here, he loves me! "Magneto is his father after all. I hear he was thinking about it." I look at the kid shocked.
"Who did you hear that from?! Tell me!"
"Just a friend! Jeez what's got you all worked up?!" Could he be thinking about joining Erik? Is he not as happy here as he tells me he is? What would I ever do without him? He means the world to me! Kitty gives me a pitying look.
"I'm sure it's just a rumor, kids love to start gossip. I'm sure it's nothing Jubilee, Scott just likes to mess around with us." She comforts putting a hand on my back.
"Thanks, Kitty. For the warning too," I say briskly before walking down to the danger room. When I walk in Scott, Kurt, Jean, Storm, and Raven are already there.
"You're late Jubilee," Raven says giving me a good look over. She can tell I'm upset so she doesn't push it. "Start the simulation!" The machine flickers on, and Peter appears in front of us. But he isn't my Peter, he looks darker. He has dark bags under his eyes, his clothes are all black, and he is smirking wickedly.
"I can't believe I ever helped you guys," he starts, and I feel tears forming on my face. "Erik is the only one who truly loves me." I want to scream and collapse onto the floor. The only thing keeping me from doing so is the thought that this is not my Peter. But what if it was? My hands ignite out of emotion, I could never fight him though! I wouldn't want any of them to hurt him either.
"Raven turn it off!" Jean shouts seeing me start to break down. Simulation Peter bolts as Scott tries to blast him.
"Come on shades! You can't hit me! I'm too fast!" Peter shouts popping up in random spots, always away from Scott's blasts. Kurt is trying to teleport after him, but Peter is just a bit faster. He punched Kurt in the gut, and he doubles over.
"Raven shut it off!" Jean shouts again, but Raven doesn't listen.
"What if this was real Jean! You never know what this world can do to a person!" She shouts back, and I want to punch her in her stupid blue face. I light my hands out of rage from her and Raven flinches knowing very well our powers can go through glass. Simulation Peter runs up to me pushing me back against a wall.
"Shut it off Raven!" Scott yells as I start crying. The simulation smirks at me wickedly.
"Well well well, looks like you guys aren't so great after all. What are you going to do? Blast me with your stupid powers? Your just a weak link, you don't even matter," Peter says, his smirk getting even more wicked than I thought possible and I cry more. Jean runs over, and is trying to turn it off. The simulation starts malfunctioning, and I let out a shock of terror but I knew it was more powerful than anything I had ever fired off before. My first thought is to help my Peter, when I realize that the bolt when straight through him. I can't help but cry and drop to my knees next to the simulation as he fades away. I feel distraught, if this were real I would've hurt or possibly killed my Peter! I let my hands let off energy again and the danger rooms ceiling now has a hole in it from my powers. Raven just looks at me in shock as if she didn't know I could do that.
"Jubilee-" Jean starts, but I run out of the room before she can finish. I am running up to my room when I hit something solid. I take a few steps back, and I realize it's Peter. He's smiling, but all I can see is that evil smirk.
"What's wrong Firecracker?" He says, moving to grab my hands.
"Don't touch me!" I shout backing away from him. "Is it true? Were you thinking about joining Erik? Do you love me at all! I don't want to kill you Peter!" His face drops, and he gives me a confused look.
"Where did you hear all of this? Did you hit your head? I'll go get Hank!" He's about to run off when I grab his wrist.
"One of the students said you were thinking about joining Erik!" He doesn't respond. "Well were you?!" He sighs and grabs my hands, I'm a bit unsure at first but eventually relax.
"I was thinking about it-"
"Y-you were! I knew i-"
"But then I thought about you. All of you here. Erik is my father, I love him as family. But you guys-you guys have been there for me. Like family should be. I can't imagine a day of my life without you, Jubilee. If I can't be with you then I don't want to live at all. I care so much about all of you guys here! I would never leave you for him." I wipe my eyes and look up at him. His beautiful smile gracing his face. This is the real Peter, my Peter. The man I fell in love with, the one who I don't want to spend a day without. I smile back at him and pull him into a tight hug. He places a kiss on the top of my head before picking me up bridal style and running is back to his room.
"They used you as a training simulation. Jean and Scott told Raven to stop it, but she wouldn't listen to them." I say snuggling into him as he places us on my bed.
"She's just mad that Erik slept with another woman," he responds with his signature smirk. Not an evil one, just mischievous.
"What are you thinking about?" I say, a small smirk playing at my lips.
"Just about Raven getting what's coming to her against a simulation of me." I punch him in the arm as we both start laughing.
"I'd like to see that! Even though I scared her pretty well with blasting a hole in the roof," I say laughing.
"You blasted a hole in the roof? That's awesome! So what did she make the simulation of me like?" I shudder at the question, and his smile drops to a frown. "You don't have to tell me." We sit there in silence for a moment, probably the longest he's ever gone without talking. "Did my hair look good?"
"Peter!" I shout half laughing half crying. "You looked so dark, so horrible. Your eyes were dark, you had dark circles, your smiles looked pure evil and as if you were planning revenge. You looked so unlike you, so unlike my Peter you know." He goes silent pulling me closer to him.
"I would never leave you, I'd rather die first. Or give up my powers. I wouldn't leave you Jubilee, I know you have problems with being abandoned. I love you too much to ever lose you Jubilee," he says kissing the top of my head.
"I love you too. Do you know why I haven't been on a simulation yet. Hank hasn't even tested me for it yet?" I ask him.
"Well with everyone's powers we can replicate it. We know the extent of it. But your powers keep growing because you don't use them often you didn't develop them fully yet. Hank doesn't really know how to replicate your energy blasts either. I asked him," he says playing my hair.
"Oh," I say thinking.
"No worries, he'll do it soon, you won't be left out," Peter said kissing my cheek.
"Okay."