Brain Damaged Part 1

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I open it to see that Peter's mother is calling me. I answer the call, not sure why she would be calling me. She doesn't really talk to many people over the phone besides Peter. "Hey Mrs. Maximoff! How are you?" I ask, but I hear her sniffling and stop. Is she crying? "What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"Yes dear I'm fine. Peter, he-he's in the hospital." My heart stops, and I begin to freak out.
"Is he okay? What happened?"
"H-he lost focus w-while running and hit a wall. I-it broke but it hurt him badly. P-please get down here." She hangs up and texts me the address to the hospital. I don't have my license yet, so I'll need someone to take me.
"ERIK!" I shout running down the steps. He comes out of his room with a concerned look on his face.
"What's wrong? Are we under attack?" He asks, ugh always worried about attack.
"No, I need you to drive me to the hospital!"
"Why?" I freeze for a moment. This will be hard to break to him. Peter is his son after all. I admire Mrs. Maximoff's guts for being able to tell me.
"Please don't kill me! But uh, Peter is in the hospital." He picks up his walking pace, and I am running to keep up with him.
"What happened?"
"H-he ran into a wall. T-they don't know how. He broke it down but it hurt him as well."
"He ran into a wall? How does that happen?"
"Well he is like super easy to distract. This isn't the first time, but he usually just phases through it at last second." Erik nods, he looks calm, but I can tell he is freaking out.
"Did they say what's wrong with him?"
"Well I was talking to his mom. Either she doesn't know or she's to hysterical to tell me." He nods again, I know he isn't really on good terms with her. "Do you not want to go? I can ask Scott to-"
"No, Peter is my son. I have to see him." I wish Peter was here to witness this, he always feels neglected by Erik. I can tell they are both trying, but Erik has trouble letting his past go.
"He loves you a lot." Erik seems surprised by this, but he tries to play it cool. He opens the car doors, and we both hop in. We spend most of the ride in silence, but as we are pulling in I hear him mutter something.
"Hm?" I say hoping he will tell me, but I highly doubt it.
"I love him too. I just have trouble showing it. I've never had a kid who well isn't really a kid anymore. I feel like I'm barging in on his life, and I'm doing it so late too." We walk through the doors, and Mrs. Maximoff is waiting for me. She pulls me into a tight hug.
"You can go in to see him, but he-he isn't quite-" she stops and starts crying more.
"What's wrong?" Erik asks, trying to sound as polite as possible.
"Memory loss," one of the nurses says walking over to us. What? Was it that bad? Will he remember me? I have lost so many people in my life, I can't lose him too.
"Is it severe?" I ask her, and she nods.
"You can come see him if you'd like." I nod and walk off after her. Erik stays behind with Mrs. Maximoff wanting to give us time. When we arrive in the room, Peter is staring blankly at the wall. I walk over to his bed and gently grab his hand. He turns his head to me in confusion.
"Who are you?" He asks, and my heart breaks even more.
"It's me! It's Jubilee!" I scream wanting to force him into remembering, but I can't. He seems startled by my outburst and pulls his hand away from me.
"I'm sorry, I don't remember you."
"No! You have to!" I scream, and he backs away from me. "We've been dating for five years!"
"We have?" I nod hoping he's catching on. "Do you always yell at me this much?" I break down in tears, and he gently puts his hand over mine.
"I'm sorry, but I don't know you." I pull away from the bed and run out of the room crying. Peter, my Peter, was gone.