Say it

David's POV

I let him in. And served him a glass of water.

Ern: Hello there.
D: Hey! What are you doing here?
Ern: I found out something.

He handed me his cellphone and showed me a picture of Lara kissing another man.
It was like someone had hit me in the stomach.

D: So what!?

I asked annoyed.

Ern: He's gay.
D: And? She has weird tastes, do you want to warn him what she could do? Or what?
Ern: Easy mate, I'm just saying that with that would annul the arguments she gave to the judge. You couldn't get close to Alfred for your "inappropriate camp and gay" behaviour right?
D: Thank for the reminding, but yea.
Ern: She is kissing with a gay man. That's an unacceptable behaviour, according to what she had said.
D: I get your point.
Ern: Should we continue then?
D: sure.

-_-_-_-Next Monday-_-_-_-

I arrive to the set o BGT and I find everyone looking at me. The guys were laughing and Simon was covering his face and I realized that they were waiting for my reaction to something. As soon as I go to my station I see a picture in my mirror. In the picture there was Simon, Eric and I having breakfast together. It was edited, it had a huge heart and the legend "Happy Cowell Family having breakfast".

D: What the hell?!

Alesha, Amanda, Stephen, Ant and Dec burst into laughing and Simon was blushing so much, even his ears were red.

D: What the hell?! What's your problem?!

I acted as if I was angry and their laughter died away. They stared at me, even Simon looked surprised by my reaction.

Ant: Mate, it was a joke.
Al: We saw you and thought it was cute, so I to--
D: Why do we have his last name? It's Cowell/Walliams Family, thank you very much, My Simon and I have discussed already and-
S: Oh for fucks sake

We all burst into laughter again. I took the picture and put it in my briefcase.

-_-_-THREE WEEKS LATER-_-_-

Simon's POV

I parked my car outside of David's house. It was saturday morning, he didn't knew that I was coming.

Lauren had taken Eric with her three days after she left and the house all empty was too much for me... The truth is that I needed to get out of my house and the first place that I thought today was ... with David, actually.

I parked outside his house, got out of my car and then knocked the door... and I didn't like it.

Ern: Mr. Cowell!
S: White?
Ern: amm come in please, I'll call David.
S: N-n-no, I was just-
D: My Simon! What are you doing here?
S: I wanted to talk to you about emm BGT... but it can wait, I'll go.
D: But you just arrived
Ern: Yeah, don't feel bad for me, I could go.
S: no no, it's ok.

I started to turn around to walk away but David's hand around mine stoped me, I turned to him and I could see worry for me in his eyes.

D: Simon... please, don't go.
S: All right then.

We went inside and sat at the table, I asked David for a cup of wine, remembering that he had said that wine is always a good choice.