His hand in mine

David's POV

D: No. it's not too late for a birthday hug.

I hear Simon sighing in relief and hang the phone.

I went into the house and told them about the conversation.

M: He's coming?!
D: He is... now I'm nervous.
J: Don't be nervous.
D: well I hadn't thought of that, thank you Jimmy!
R: should we stay?
D: yes, Please, but don't snoop out the door when he arrives.

After 10 minutes I started to pass around the room but I stopped when a motor could be heard outside my house.

R: Mate it's not even 20 minutes.
D: Should I wait until he rings or I go outside.
M: What are you? A teen looking for respect? Get out!

I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the house. I found him in the middle of the way towards the door of my house.
In his car I saw Amanda and Sinita.

He had his backup as well.

S: Hey.

I hadn't see him since that day in his house. He had take the beard off and I had left mine grow.

And oh God, he had his glasses on, he looks so adorable with his glasses.

He smiled to me. I had missed his smile.

D: Hi.
S: You let your beard.
D: Yea, I thought a change would be good.
S: You look handsome.

We both blushed and look at the floor. I chuckled.

S: David.

I looked up.

S: Can I hug you? A-a birthday hug that is.
D: Sure.

We stepped closer and when I felt his arms around me I cursed myself for calling him a mistake. The mistake had been that conversation. I realised how much I had missed his arms, his scent, his body, his everything.

We clung to each other, one arm around his shoulders and one around his waist and viceversa. I could feel his face in my neck inhaling deeply, I didn't want to let go, but it had been a couple of minutes and I could hear Matt, Jimmy and Rob saying stupid things about us.

We ended the hug and both of our eyes were a little bit wet. We smiled.

S: David I'm so so sorry for what happened.
D: I'm really sorry too.
S: I was thinking-
D: Don't.

He blinked.

D: We need time to think about this and when I tell you everything that I need to tell you, I don't want a whole audience here.

And it was true, Sinita and Amanda had their faces pressed against the glass of the car and Matt, Rob and Jimmy had their heads popped out of he window of the living room, watching us.

He looked as well and blushed. We smiled at each other.

S: Soo... can I see you tomorrow?
D: Same place.

I smiled. He stepped forward and gave me a little and soft kiss on the cheek, making me close my eyes at the contact. Then he whispered.