To London

Two days earlier

Simon's POV

S: It's a pleasure to meet you, remember me?
Alf: Of course! You send me that picture with my father!
S: That's me
Alf: And you are on TV
S: Yeah.

I chuckled. I was nervous. what if the kid didn't like me? But he is so much like David. He's so adorable.

I explained him what had happen and as soon as I told him that his father was in the hospital his face went pale and full of worry.

S: But he's gonna be ok. I just need one favour. You see, the doctor said that your dad needed all the love we could give to him, there are already many friends with him, my son, your grandma, your auntie, you cousin, everyone, but he will only be truly happy if you went to visit him. Will you come with me to London?

He turned to look at his mother. Lara was standing near the door with tears in her eyes.

So fuckin fake.

The woman nodded making the kid jump up and down and running singing that he was going to be with his father. He went upstairs to his room to prepare his suitcase and a bunch of toys he wanted to show David.

L: Thank you.
S: Don't mention it.
L: I don't think is a good idea to go-
S: WHAT?
L: Alfred is gonna be disappointed when we come back here-
S: Don't be stupid. That kid needs David as much as David needs him.
L: But-
S: That man putted his life on risk just to take his son back with him.
L: He tried to take him away form me?
S: He wanted to see his son!
L: Taking him away from his mother!
S: You did the same thing!
L: IT WAS DIFFERENT! I'M NOT A FREAK!

I came close to her, our faces were centimetres apart.

S: Don't ever think to talk about David that way. Much less in front of Alfred. Don't ever dare to do that to David.
L: Or what?
S: You'll see.
Alf: Mommy?

I took a few steps away.

S: Sorry Alfred, do you want to go for some ice-cream?
Alf: Can I mom?!
L: emm yeah, sure, lets go.

We went for the ice-cream and then to the park, where the kid started to run around and play with other children.

S: Listen, Mss Stone, we started wrong.
L: I agree.
S: My son is a year younger than Alfred. He is the love of my life, the one person who always makes me want to get up from bed. When Lauren and I separate, everyone said that they knew how I felt but the only one who truly meant it was David. The difference between David and I is that I have Eric by my side, but David watches his son grow through skype calls. I want to help him.
L: Why?
S: Because I want to see him happy.
L: Yeah, got that, but why?
S: I care a lot about him.

We stayed in silence. I lit a cigarette and offer her one and help her to light it. We watched Alfred who offered his hand to one of the kids he was playing with who fell.

S: He is such an adorable kid.
L: I know.
S: He is like David.
L: I know.

What?

S: Can I ask you something?
L: I don't know, can you?
S: Why did you took Alfred away from David?
L: I don't see why is that of your business.
S: It's not.