Starts-13-

It's a day before Halloween, which means today is the day for the ball. Y/N prepared a dress for this occasion, even though she doesn't know if she will go or not.

Her bestfriend, Fiel, would probably go with her boyfriend, leaving her with three options. First, stay at the common room, having it to herself. Second, go with her other housemates,

Or go with a Slytherin.

She wanted to ask Scorpius if he wanted to go with her, but she still had doubts.

Fiel and Y/N was enjoying their breakfast when Scorpius came in the Great Hall with Rose. Y/N eyes glued to them, and Fiel noticed,

"Did you know, Rose and Dric rarely goes anywhere together now. Reckon they had a fight." said Fiel, looking the same way where Y/N is looking,

"Yeah, I've noticed." said Y/N. She also noticed that she rarely spends time with Scorpius anymore, and this view explains everything.

"I'm gonna go, I'll meet you later." Y/N said, leaving Fiel. She didn't know why, but she just have the urge to go to the tree. Maybe she was hoping for Scorpius to ask her to the Ball or maybe the two of them could go together with Al, and they would have a blast. Either way, it's just her fantasy.

Y/N walked towards the tree and quickly realized she wasn't alone. Albus was there, and Y/N was quite thankful that he is.

Albus who appears to be laying down under the tree, holding a bludger and throwing it high, noticed Y/N  presence and stopped throwing his bludger.

Albus sat up, with a bludger still in his hand. "I didn't know you were coming. I'm going to skip the entire day, care to join?"  Y/N smiled and stepped closer to Albus and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay? You look sick" asked Albus, looking closely to her face.

 "I'm okay, it's silly, really."

Albus wasn't the kind of person to push someone into telling him what happened. He thinks it's better to talk about something else, so then he said, "I ran away from practice again, it's pointless." Y/N took a sudden interest, "Why? Get bored easily, did you?"

"I wanted to be a seeker, did you know that?" said Albus looking at the bludger he's holding. "I have the perfect eyesight"

"Why? You're the best keeper Slytherin even had, for merlin's sake!"

Albus shrugs ," Maybe it's because of the fact that i play Quidditch because of my dad, and my dad is a seeker, so there's that. And then there's the fact that it was tiring to be a keeper. Three hoops. If you're a seeker you could just focus on one thing, the snitch"

"Be a seeker then, why is it so hard?" asked Y/N, as she sees no problem in his situation.

"It's not that simple. I started playing Quidditch this year. And i thought I start off easy, so i go for option two, keeper. If i wanted to be a seeker i'd have to wait till' next year. And when i did then, i have too much keeper practice that i'll be a better keeper than i am a seeker. Does that make sense?" asked Albus raising his eyebrows

"I lost interest mid-way, so i stopped listening" said Y/N, teasingly. Albus grunts, and she laughed "I'm joking, i know what you're talking about. Don't worry."

"I don't know if i would risk the position as a keeper for the position as a seeker." Albus combed his hair back, feeling frustrated.

"Al?" Y/N hesitated to ask the question,

"Yeah?" Albus turns his head to face Y/N, which the situation more uncomfortable. Or at least for her. "Do you want to go to the ball with me?" Y/N finally asked, "We could go as friends. Or did someone asked you first?"

Albus looked as though he might say no, "Someone did ask me" He said,

"Oh," Y/N looked down,

"I'm kidding" Albus laughed as he nudges Y/N  on the shoulder "I said no to her. I was about to spend the night at the common room. But if you insist, i guess i could go with you." He continue to laugh. Y/N hits his arm, as her face turn the shade of red.