Changed-24-

Y/N was sitting with her legs crossed on her bed. Everyone else is sleeping, including Fiel. She was looking straight ahead in front of her. In the bed, sat the mirror. The one that keeps her awake.

Y/N was sure she was going mental. The mirror clearly whispers. For the whole week she kept the mirror hidden under a pile of socks, but tonight it bothers her so much, she decided to take it out and stare at it.

And there it was, just lying there in front of her, on her bed, whispering something she cannot hear because Y/N kept her hands on her ears to muffled the sounds.

Slowly she lets her hands down, reaching for the mirror. It was weird for her to it at night. Looking straight at the mirror. She knows what she's going to see, yet she try and make sure it's still there.

It was her, alone. It's still the same.

When she looked at the mirror, the whispers died down.

It took her a while to snap back into reality. She puts the mirror away, face down and she saw the text written behind it. The weird text behind it, the one she cannot read. Y/N trace her fingers over it, making the dust on her fingers visible.

It was when Y/N heard a rustle on the other beds that she dropped the mirror on her bag and fall back to sleep.

+++

It was supposed to be a Hogsmeade weekend, but Y/N still lay flatly on her bed, due to the fact that she stayed up late last night. The girl's dorm were nearly empty, only Fiel and Y/N stayed behind.

Fiel shakes Y/N body lightly, waking her up "Come on, Y/N. Only a few minutes before the others reach Hogsmeade" Y/N just groans in response "We're already late"

"I'm awake..." said Y/N with her eyes closed,

"I was thinking we could go to Madam Puddifoot's first then go Zonkos" said Fiel as she adjust the scarf on her neck. "After that we could go to Honeydukes... if you want."

Y/N who is finally awake, looked at Fiel with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. Y/N was scared to tell the news,

"Er-- Fiel," said Y/N slowly, as she sat at the end of her bed, "I was supposed to go with Al and Scorpius... they--er-- Scorpius wanted to buy me something because he didn't give me a Christmas present... I promise them i'll come.. You could come with us if you want?"

Fiel shook her head almost immediately. Y/N knows she just hurt her best friend's feeling. She can see it in her eyes, the bitter frown too. Fiel sat at the end of her bed,

Y/N started to wear her sweater and jacket, glancing at Fiel every now and then. "I could drop you off Sam first.." said Y/N, unaware of Fiel's and Sam's breakup. Fiel wince at the name.

"You have no idea, do you?" said Fiel, her temper rising. "You turned into them, y'know? Unaware of your surroundings. You've changed. Whatever Y/N, have fun. Don't bother to search for me later." Fiel left the room with a slam of a door.

Y/N then realized that Fiel probably broke up with Sam.

A part of Y/N thinks it's okay to leave Fiel alone once in a while. Fiel doesn't know what it's like the first time she went out with Sam. It was a torture for Y/N, having her best friend less and less everyday because of some boy.

But did Y/N change?

FIel did point out that Y/N was ignorant now. Y/N felt like she was less and less nerdy everyday, too. Sure, she still love to read. But was it the first thing that she did when she woke up in the morning? the thing she look most forward to at the end of the day?

Y/N put on her coat and step out of the dormitory, feeling rather uncomfortable.

I'm still torn. should i do alternative endings or no?  (Yes, i haven't decided)