/13/

"Why didn't you tell me?" Chris asked, looking slightly offended. I was unsure why.

"No one knows except me, Matt, and Ryan. Why do you care so much. It's not like we are" I retorted. He looked even more hurt, but tried not to show it. I got up and grabbed my shoes.

"I have to go. It's almost twelve and I told Jules I'd meet him for lunch" I sighed, leaving the apartment. Neither of them tried to stop me.

What I said was true, Chris and I never had established a relationship. We had just kissed. Multiple times. I blushed.

But the look on his face after after told him we weren't dating was devastating. Heart wrenching.

I walked along the sidewalk, passing the alley where push-ups waved. I waved back with a smile.

The resteraunt was only a ten minute walk from here. Yet I knew it would last forever.

\\

"Harsh" Matt mumbled, getting up from the table and moving to the fridge. I wasn't sure whether to cry or yell, so I did nothing.

"What the fuck" I whispered to myself. Matt slams the fridge shut and throws me a tea.

"She kissed you, Chris. I think she might like your smelly ass" he chuckled. I ran a hand along my head, contemplating.

"That actually kind of hurt, though. Do you think I overreacted? Whatif she leaves next week and hates me?" I breathed. Matt groaned.

"Chris, I've known Y/n for a good four years? She won't hate you, she's the most innocent thing on this planet.

"Also, you are such a pussy. Have you even had a girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I shout, making him laugh. I twist the cap violently, taking a chug.

"Have you guys actually, like, done it?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I've known her for a week. I'm lucky we bonded so quickly. And that's not what I'm worried about, she's probably more pissed than I am!"

"She'll go talk it out with Julian and come back with it all off her chest"

"What about Ryan?"

"He won't know"

\\

"I don't know what to do, Jules" I sighed,  putting my face in my hands. He chewed silently on his food, letting me figure this all happen out in my head. I sighed.

"You probably hurt his feelings" he shrugged. I stabbed my fork into my salad, waiting for him to elaborate. He didn't.

"My god" I sighed. He took a sip of his drink and waited. The quiet tension between us was killing me. "Well what would you like me to do? You've known him a bit longer than me" I said, letting a grin appear.

He smiled back at me as he said, "I think he really likes you, so.."

"So? What about Ryan?" I asked worridley. Out of habit, I ate quickly to subside my problems.

"That's still kind of surprises me" he thought aloud, putting his chin in his hand. The hair on it spread along his palm.

"We were best friends" I sighed. He seemed to be very indulged in what I had to say. "So if course I said yes when he asked me out. Then we broke up at the end of senior year and nothing changed. We were still really close.

"I just can't imagine how he would feel if he found out about me and Chris. I still have a little feeling he loves me"

"Why?"

"Because I still love him. But then Chris came into my life and something in me just changed? I want to love Ryan but I love Chris and.." I trailed off, looking up at him.He squeezed my hand.

"Don't overthink it. I'm sure Ryan'll understand" he said. I smiled at him and snatched one of his fries.

"Thanks Jules"

//

"I'm back!" I exclaimed, entering the apartment and setting my phone on the counter.

"Hey" Ryan smiled from the couch. I smiled and walked over, sitting next to him. The game Homefront was paused on the screen.

"Matt's in the bathroom" he said, laying back on the couch next to me. I nodded.

My heart was being tossed around and my stomach was churning. Something inside thought he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"I'm really glad you actually came" he said, turning to me. I smiled thankfully and him and put my head on his shoulder instinctively.

"Me too"