Chapter 24 || Caroline

I've been writing this Harry fanfic for a while that I've recently published so if you wouldn't mind checking it out that would be pretty cool.
Here is the blurb in case you were interested...
In which an A-list celebrity and an adventure junkie meet in the strangest of circumstances; the valley of Machu Picchu.
Anywho back to this story...
I updated quickly! (Well at least for me) Yay!

Enjoy <3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Harry ignores anything that has to do about Caroline for the entirety of the meal. To say the conversation is awkward and dry would be an understatement, but I don't mind too much. I just want answers. Although, I know I will attain them eventually.

Now I walk unaccompanied to my room which is strange: usually someone- a guard, a maid or occasionally Harry, escort me as if I cannot walk without the guidance of another; a lost damsel.

After entering my room I am surprised (yet unfazed) to see a figure in my room, none other than Louis. His unexpected visits, some would describe as creepy are somewhat normal to me due to the frequency of it all.

He stands by the window, turning and smiling brightly.

"Long time, no see." I beam, racing over to him to embrace him in a hug with my legs wrapped around him, somewhat out of instinct.

"Oh, how I've missed you dear!" He cries.

He squeezes ever-so-tightly as if this were our last embrace. We break apart. Expecting to see him happy, I am astonished to find angst expressed on his face. I frown.

"I'm sorry... But I can't stay here long." His tone is serious yet filled with remorse. He grips onto my hands firmly.

"I came to worn you... Things have been very difficult at the moment. Things I can't tell you about..." He pauses momentarily. I nod to him in reassurance."The South Rebels are planning something really, really terrible. You must leave. You must be prepared and protected for when they attack... Because when they do... You-"

He stops.

"Tell me, Louis. Please" I squeeze his hands.

He hesitates.

"I have to go I'm sorry." He leans in and graciously kisses my forehead. "This may be the last time we meet."

He runs to the open window pulls both of his legs up, and out then looks to me one last time.

"Thank you, Louis. For everything."

With one last nod of assurance, he jumps.

~~~

I can't sleep. I consider the possibility that I might be going crazy but every few minutes I am almost certain I hear knocking from within the walls.

Knock, knock, knock.

It stops. Then starts again.

My curiosity takes control of my conscience and I have to know what exactly is the source of that noise.

After ten minutes or so, the sound begins again. I quickly race to whereabouts the sound it coming from. I place my ear to the wall behind the room divider where I change clothing and decide that there it is. It's coming from behind that wall.

I place my hand on the wall panel and gently push, but nothing happens. I try running my fingers along every nook, every cranny, every surface; nothing.