Chapter 7 || Little things

500 reads! Thank you all so much! I can tell you how much this means to me
Please don't forget to
Vote
Comment
And enjoy xx

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Stress is overwhelming. It feels like fate is piling layers of pressure on my back. I am weighed down by stress and demanding high expectations that I can't achieve. I am forced to bare the load on my own. No one can reduce the amount anxiety that has gathered in my system. My brain is on overdrive.

I scoff at the realisation that I am pitying myself. It's pathetic. I wish that I could pull my body out of the slump in which I roll in. But it seems almost impossible seeing as that I don't have the courage to leave my room.

It was only hours ago that a witch told me I was the profit and I that would save the human race. After disappearing, Harry's guards had already, tried and failed to break through the dome. I exited at my own free will, the dome had no spell on me. Harry was so relieved to see me leave safely. He hugged me so tightly that I am surprised I didn't burst. I smile at the thought of how much he cared.

I hear the sound of soft thin paper rummaging in the wind. I look around the vacant room to find where the sound source is coming from. The paper flutters through the window and lands crumpled on the floor. I slowly crawl out of bed and pick up the paper.

Test 3
-R

Before I have any time to think about the anonymous note I hear a sharp knock at the door. I hurriedly scrunch the note into my back pocket.

"C-come in." I stutter nervously.

The door opens to reveal a half heartedly smiling Harry. He stands awkwardly by the door and I gesture him to come in.

"I just thought you could use some company." He smiles then looks down. "How are you?"

"I'm good, I suppose." I shrug and he frowns in return.

"How are you really?" He watches me closely. Sincerely interested in my feelings which I don't understand, isn't this meant to be a business relationship?

I sigh, unsure whether to be truthful or tell a white lie. "Not good. This is all just... Too much. I mean, the witch for crying out loud! What was that all about? Me saving humanity? That can't be true."

Harry looks down. "I-I don't know."

We remain in silence. Harry seems baffled by the question that he couldn't answer.

"I know it's been hectic these past few days, I just wanted to know how you're feeling." Harry says.

I smile at his kindness. "Thanks Harry."

Harry sits down, making himself comfortable on the bed. He folds his legs facing me, somewhat childlike. "Tell me about yourself."

I lightly chuckle, it's feels like forever since someone has asked me something like this. Nowadays, people don't really have time for questions like this.

"Well, my name is Ariana Grande (as you know). I am eighteen years old. I have a little sister named Darcy-"

"No, no." He interrupts. "You know, talk about your hobbies and likes and dislikes, things like that."

I nod. I pause to think about this question. Since the vampire uprising I have lost my sense of who I truly am.

"Hhm, I used to sing and dance a bit. I like listening to music... oh and cracking a fresh glow stick! But I don't like marmite and I hate it when people say redonkulous!"