Record 4: Old programs

What old programs (feelings of rejection) are going ingrained in your mind?  How do they affect your self-image today?

Asked by the book I am reading at the moment. 

I also want to copy some phrases:

Renewing our minds does not fully happen the moment we received Christ,  and it certainly does not come naturally.  There is no delete button that erases all the old tapes that have been recorded throughout our years of natural development. 

No matter how hard we try,  we cannot avoid the rejections of others. 

The image we project to others often disguises how we really feel about ourselves.

So we wear a mask -even in church.  Most people do not do it maliciously.  We do it because we desire the acceptance and approval of others. 

But how many years can you realistically stay attractive or strong?

There is no such thing as unconditional love and acceptance in any human culture or family system.  There is no way that we can live a perfect life and there is no way that we can please everyone.  Consequently,  the feelings of rejection are unavoidable.

Those old programs we keep sometimes the reason why our present struggles become too heavy to bear. 

We need to let it go.  God want us to take heart and overcome this world.  To grow and rise up again. 

Let's get out from our prison the we build.  To get out from it is to let the old programs go and begin a new program in our life.  Let's start the best chapter of our life today. Let's put our hope to God,  become willing to go wherever he may lead us.  Smile again.. Of course,  think positively about yourself..