Chapter Six

I look over at Travis. I tune everything out, including Megaera. I see Travis do the same.
"Bria, I really like you and I know you don't like me back yet, but-" I grab his hand ad he stops looking down.
"I do like you back." I say quietly. He looks as if he just won the lottery.
"Really?" I nod and I look into his eyes. He leans forward and stops, waiting for me. I close the gap and kiss him. I feel sparks all over my body. I tangle my fingers in his silky blonde hair and he wraps his arms around my waist. The kiss starts sweet, but turns hungry and filled with passion. I feel Megaera pushing her way out so I attempt to pull away, but neither Travis or Megaera are having that. My tail and ears are about to poke their way through. There came a knock at the door and we pull apart. I see Travis'' eyes have darkened.
"Dinner is ready." The voice at the door said. Travis turns to me and smiles.
"Lets to to dinner, Bri." He says. He stands up and takes my hand, leading me out. I am stunned, I had almost lost control.
You wanted to. Megaera said in my head.
No, I didn't! We walked into the dining room and I sat down. Holly sat to my left and Travis sat to my right. He kept his hand on my knee throughout the whole dinner.
"Bria, where did you move from?" Lara says.
"New York." I say smiling.
"I love New York, I have always wanted to got there. But he, says it too dangerous!" Jenni says jerking her thumb at Fred.
"I just don't want you to get hurt!"
"Holly lived there, and she's nine! She's alive!"
"Jenni!" Louise said shutting her up. An aura of power seemed to radiate in the room. I looked up and I saw a man who looked like an older version of Travis. He sat down, looking at me with an interesting look. I stared back, feeling a little scared.
"Sorry I'm late, I had work to do." He says smiling. He kisses Lara on the cheek. "I'm Lars, Travis' dad." I smile, though I feel like running. I force myself to look away and start eating.
"Mom, where is Zac and Marie?"
"Zac is with Marie, she has a stomach ache." Lara says.
"She's been having a lot of pain, hope the baby is okay."
"My son, Zac's wife is pregnant with their first child. My other son, Bryan, has his first child. My little Alycia here." She says smiling fondly at her grandchild. "I can't wait for more grandchildren."
"Mom!" Travis hisses. I laugh, I like seeing him like this.
"Lance, I told you to be home for dinner!" Lara said. A boy with brown hair and dark eyes came in.
"Sorry mom." He said. So he is Travis' brother.
"This is my brother Lance, he's two years younger than me."
"Hey who's the chick? " he asks sitting down at the table.
"She's my... Friend." Lance nods smirking.
"Good luck," he mumbles. I pretend I didn't hear it, since he said it so quietly. I also hear Travis' quiet growl. The rest if dinner passes very quickly. After dinner Travis stands up and I follow him.
"Bria?" A voice calls. It turn and see Lars. "Can I talk to you?" I turn to see Travis looking at his father confused. Judging by the slight buzzing in the air he has mind linked him. If I was included in the mind link I could hear and communicate through it. Travis looks at me and nods. I follow Lars to his office. I sit across from him. He leans back in his chair and looks at me.
"What do you want?" I ask, not liking being stared at.
"I know what you are." My eyes go wide and I gasp.
"Human?" I ask, playing dumb.
"Don't play dumb, Rena told me." My eyes narrow.
"Go ahead kill me, call the hunters, I don't care." I say, though a small part of me does. I blame Megaera.
"I won't harm you." I give him a humorless laugh.
"I've tried to hard to keep it a secret and you find out almost immediately."
"Don't be angry at Rena, I am her alpha she has to tell me everything."
"Rena's a witch, she doesn't have to tell you anything."
"She has a small amount of wolf blood in her. She's part of our pack."
"She lives in the pack house?"
"She does."
"Coward couldn't face me, she didn't come to dinner."
"Don't blame her, blame me."
"Oh I will, when the hunters come. It s a shame, I was getting attached to Florida, maybe I'll try Europe this time."
"I want to protect you, you're my son's mate. Without you we have to kill him. I'm guessing your cat told you that." I nod.
"She guilt tripped me into coming tonight."
"How does it work, is it the same as werewolves?"
"Yeah, but cats, we got the short end of the stick. Everyone wants to kill us. Hunters leave you alone, but they won't stop until I'm dead."
"Neither will we, we won't stop protecting you."
"I'm going to find Travis."
"It was nice taking to you." He says. I exit his office rubbing my head. Not even here a week and the alpha already knows what I am.