Chapter Sixteen

"Bri we can send troops out as early as today to find her." Travis said quietly. We are sitting in the kitchen, I am in his lap. He is currently trying to get me to eat, but I feel I can't wont be able to keep anything down.
"No matter what we do, it's too late. No one gets away from them. We don't stand a chance." I say tears filling my eyes.
"Don't say that, have a little faith."
"In what?" I yell throwing my arms up.
"In me," he says quietly, taking my hand. "Have faith in me, that I will get your sister home again." I feel my angry face soften and fall. I drop my shoulders and nod.
"If I had to trust anyone, it would be you." I whisper. I see a familiar purple hair walk into the room. "Rena," I say. Her head snaps up and she winces.
"Bria, please don't be mad. I had to tell him." She said lowering her head.
"Tell who?" I turn my head to my confused mate and sigh.
"She told your father what I was. When I came over he was talking to me about being a cat and that he knew." He wore a look of genuine surprise.
"How did Rena know?"
"Witches can read auroras, Bria couldn't hide what she was from me."
"What did my father really say?"
"I said that we would never stop protecting her." Lance walked into the room. "And I meant it, we will never stop looking for your sister either."
"Thank you, she is all the family I have left." I whisper.
"We'll get her back." Travis promises. I, however, didn't share in his optimism.
"How do you know this? Hw do you know she won't be killed?"
"How do I now this? Holly strong, she won't be killed, not yet. She's nine, she can't die." He says slowly.
"Plenty of people die young." I say looking away from him. Tears fill my eyes and I cover my face nearly screaming in anger. "They took everything from me, they will not take Holly!" I scream. I feel Travis put his arms around me.
"They won't take her from you." He whispers.

•••
Sorry it is so short! I don't have time to write today. Comment, vote, and check out my other stories!