Chapter Twenty-Two

I took a deep breath and looked up at Travis. There are four men and a door standing between me and Holly, all I want is to hold her in my arms. Vampires are heartless, taking the place of the person, in this case Holly. Many people at they can't be saved, but I will find a way. The man nodded and placed his hand on the doorknob. He hesitated a second more before swinging the door open. Holly hisses, jumping through the door. Travis grabs me and pushes me behind him. I hear the man scream and more feral growls. I look past him and see the other two men holding Holly and trying to pull her off the man. Her teeth are latched around the man's neck.
"Holly!" I yell, tears falling down my face. She raises her head and I see she has blood all over her face and chest. Her eyes are blood red. She hisses and uses the man to jump at me. Travis catches her in midair and holds her away from me. He pushes her flailing body against the wall and his face contorts in agony. Her nails scratch at his arms and the long scratches are dripping his blood all over the floor.
"Bria! Bria get out if here!" He yells still holding her against the wall. I stand frozen, tears falling down my face. I take a deep breath and bite my lip.
"I am so sorry," I whisper stepping forward. I can't leave him, but I can't hurt Holly!
"Bria!" He yells. He turns his head slightly and Holly scratches his cheek. He screams in pain and she pushes against him. He falls and she lands on top of him. I scream and jump forward. I grab Holly and rip her off him. She brings her arm back and hits me in the face. I scream at the pain in my nose. She jumps on me and I fall onto the floor. I push her back, her teeth scraping against my neck. She is grabbed by one of the men, but she turns her head and rips his throat out. It seems she is only interested in me. I jump up and back away. She lunges at me again, but is intercepted by Travis. I scream, grabbing a chair behind me. I break the leg and hold it in front of me. Holly jumps on Travis, her teeth inches away from his neck. I thrust the stake into Holly's back. She hisses and her body stiffens. She looks up at me bares her teeth. She falls, her small body going limp. Travis gently lays her down on the floor next to him. He takes a deep breath standing up. We are both frozen for a second, before I realized what I just did. He takes me in his arms as I start to cry.
"Are you hurt?" He asks quietly. "Did she bite you?" He asks looking down at me. I shake my head wiping my tears.
"Are you hurt?"
"Only scratches I won't turn." He says quietly. Only vampire bites will turn someone into a vampire.
"She could have been saved, we could have-"
"There was nothing you could have done." He whispers. I turn my head at the three dead bodies.
"They will turn?" I ask quietly. He nods slowly.
"I will contact their families." One of the men lets out a strangled gasp. I jump forward, kneeling next to him.
"You're still alive?" I ask. He opens his mouth and groans in pain.
"No for long," he whispers. He raises his shirt and I see the bite on his lower stomach. Travis bends down next to me.
"I will get Cara." He says. He stands up and walks out. The man gasps for breath, writhing in pain.
"If I die before she makes it down here, tell her I love her." He whispers. Footsteps run down the stairs and I hear weeping. A women runs down the steps and I stand up, giving her room. She sobs sitting beside her fallen mate. I walk into Travis' arms.
"How did she turn, if you are bitten you die." I ask fearing the answer.
"I don't know," he whispers.
"It's not possible."
"Obviously it was," he says holding me tighter. I feel my body shaking, but I feel nothing. "Your shaking." He whispers.
"I'm fine," I whisper walking away.
"Your not," he says scooping me in his arms. He carries me up the stairs, the sobs getting more and more faint as we get farther away. "Cara needs time." He says quietly. He brings me to his room and sits me on his bed. I touch his bloody arm softly, and he winces.
"I made the choice, was it right?" I ask quietly.
"Only you can decide that."
"Was there any hope?" I ask looking up at him.
"No, there was no way of saving her."
"She killed three people." I say, finally sobbing.
"That wasn't her," he says hugging me.
"She hated me!" I say hugging him and sobbing into his chest.
"No, she didn't."
"She told me, she knew about the people I killed."
"It was in self defense."
"How do you know?"
"You're not a killer."
"I am!" I cry hugging him tighter. He shushes me laying down with me still in his arms.
"Just rest now, we'll talk later." His soothing voice lulls me into sleep.

•••
Quite an action packed chapter! Holly is dead! And what did Bria mean when she said she was a killer? Do you think it was in selfdefense? Comment, vote and check out my other stories! Comments and votes make me update faster!