Chapter Twenty-Seven

She continues to walk down the hallway, killing any guards she sees. While I stay cowering in the back of my mind. It so cold. I start to shiver and cry.

"This is for Holly!" She growls. She reaches the room where Kurt took me to see the man. Megaera throws open the door and saunters in. The man from before is still sitting on his thrown.

"Look what the cat dragged in." He says smirking. He stands up, and walks slowly over to me.

"Holly is dead, and so Kurt." He shrugs.

"I never cared for the idiot anyway." She growls walking closer to him. "As for your sister, she was just a human. Not even worth caring about."

"There is nothing holding me back." She shifts and lunge at him before he has time to move. She claws open his stomach and he growls. His eyes turn black and he shifts.

Werewolf? I whimper.

Shut up! She growls. She lunges at him, but he jumps out of the way. He lunges at her, knocking her to the ground. She jumps back up, they circle each other for awhile before Megaera finds his moment of weakness. she claws the weak area under his stomach and he yelps in pain. He falls back an she jumps on his. she claws his face, chest and paws over and over again. She is too caught up in her anger that she doesn't notice him getting up. He pushed her down and jumps on her. He claws open her stomach and I yelp in pain, but she stays quiet. He steps back, circling her with his dark brown wolf. She staggers to her feet, only to be knocked down again. More and more blood is pouring out of her wound and I feel her fading away. I grab the walls as I feel them sliding away from me.

Megaera! I yell standing up.

This is what I needed. There is nothing left for me here.

What about Travis? I ask panic sliding into my tone.

Tell him I love him, but I couldn't take it. The blackness seeps out of the room and is replaced with fiery red pain. I scream and feel myself being pushed back into control. I shift back, gasping for breath.

"You killed her!" I yell holding my still bleeding stomach. He shifts back looking alarmed.

"Dammit!" He curses walking away. "I shouldn't have done that." He mumbles. "You have no use to me know, you are human." He walks away leaving me to bleed out on the floor. The pain is enough to make tears slide down my cheeks. I turn my head to the side, loving the feeling of cool marble on my cheek. I hear the door bang open and footsteps walk over to me. Soft hands put my head into their lap and through my half closed eyelids I see Travis.

"Baby don't go, stay here with me." He says tears falling down his cheeks.

"I can't..." My eyes close and I hear his scream of agony before blackness consumes me.

"Bria, please." He begs. My body feels so weak, like a leaf that is caught in the wind. I am blown away, never to return home.

•••

Sorry for the short and late update. Be sure to comment, vote and check out my other stories!