Chapter Six: Stuck in a Room

Rhett's POV-

I try to open my eyes. No luck. The first thing that crosses my mind is the nagging pain in my lower back. As I lay on the ground, I try and remember what exactly where I am. Cement. Cold. Ouch... I am afraid to move an inch seeing as I could be anywhere, I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

As my instincts kick in, I decide to turn my head to see if Link is anywhere near me. Moving my head six inches is harder than I thought; the stiff muscles in my neck ache as I crane my neck to my left. "Link!" I whisper;  I move my arms around me to feel if Link is next to me. Nothing. I try to open my heavy lids again, trying to ignore the pulsing veins in my temples spreading pain through my head. I look around me. I don't see Link anywhere. 

All I see is old record players and fishing equipment that looks like it hasn't been touched in years. I must be in a storage area of some sort, but I can't tell. A dank smell fills my nostrils, like a mixture of fishing bait and musty book pages. The lighting is very dim, causing me to squint and kneed my eyes to get a better look at my surroundings. My heart jumps and cold sweat forms on my forehead.

I decide to sit up slowly to asses my current situation. Where is Link? I sit against the nearest wall. It's also cement from what I can tell, and drops of cold condensation seep into the back of my shirt as I lean against it. I might be able to get a better sense of where I was If my head wasn't so foggy, causing a headache to form above my eyebrow when I put any thought into it.  

I close my eyes and think. Purple...gold... random flashes of memory form behind my eyelids. Marcus?  Then I notice a sharp pinching feeling in my right arm. I glance at my arm and I gasp. A glass dart sticks out from my bicep. The remains of some strange liquid settles at the bottom of it. I wince as I pull it out of my arm; the dart's needle covered in blood. Then it hits me. We have been abducted by Marcus Cumberbottom. He has Link and the rest of the crew from what I can remember. I groan as I bring myself to my feet. I need to find Link. "I'm 'comin buddy..." I mumble as I search for a door or a way out of this place...