Chapter Twenty-Two: Doug

Doug's POV-

I like Rhett and that other guy with nice eyes..and that's all I can think about now as I kick around this stupid watch. I'm doing this for them. Mike told me this plan would work, so that's what I've been going with. I hope Marcus doesn't finds this out. I can see the small tracker lights flashing around on the watch's screen, following the ghosts of people that aren't there. It shouldn't be too long before Marcus finds out, and I can feel my heart race from nerves.

I can hear quick footsteps down the hallway and by the familiar scowling that follows, I can tell that it's Marcus. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" he yells, barging into the room. All I can do is freeze. I stare at him blankly. He looks around the room in confusion, his eyes moving from me to the wall over and over again. I'm not sure why.

"...where are they..?" he says quietly. I can never find the words to respond to him. It's always been hard for me..

"I SAID WHERE ARE THEY, YOU TWAT!" the room echoes with his strange accent that I never really have been able to get used to. He takes one step closer to me and straightens his over sized purple bow tie that I have become much too familiar with. 

"..you didn't lose them did you?"

"..I..I...they ran away?" I can feel sweat form on my forehead. Despite the fact that I am about three times his size, he always finds a way to scare me in times like these. He reaches up to my collar and pulls me down to his level. 

"Don't tell me that they're your friends.." His breathe is not enjoyable as he talks just about an inch away from my face.

I can see his hand reaching toward his belt. My eyes follow  him and I freeze when I see him pull out a syringe of purple liquid from it's holder. 

"Do you need a nap, Doug? Is that what you need?" His shrill voice pierces through my brain and I am not sure what happens next, but the next thing I know, I am holding up against the wall with my arm on his neck.

"PUT ME D-DOWN!" he chokes, clawing at my arm. His obnoxious purple hat falls over on to the floor and he looks up in horror, exposing a bald spot on the center of his head.

"I SAID PUT ME DOWN, RAT!" 

"No." I say calmly.

"NOOoOOWW!" I don't move. He tries to yell to his bodyguard that stands behind me, frozen. Just watching the whole ordeal. 

"MAXWELL YOU SCUM! HELP MEEE!!" The small man who I now guess is Maxwell, just stares blankly. 

"I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE HIRED AN INTERN!!" he screams. His voice is beginning to get weaker as I hold him to the wall.

"You are not my boss anymore.." I say quietly. "And you will let them go.." I can feel myself growing more and more nervous, as I have never really talked to Marcus this much in my life. He has never let me. He looks at me dead in the eye, and for the first time ever, I think I can see fear. 

"You will release them, or.." I pull a syringe our of his belt and bring it close to his face, "I think you'll need to take a....nap."