Chapter 15

Lucy and Yukino were on both ends of the arena, ready for their battle to begin. As always, the announcer said a few things to them before they started and they nodded in agreement. The announcer left and left Yukino and Lucy to battle. Lucy opened her pouch of keys, grabbed one, and said, "Open, gate of the giant crab! Cancer!" There was a "ding-dong" sound, and a "Cancer!"

It was an amazing sight I've got to admit. Then Yukino yelled, "Open, gate of the two fish! Pices!" Again, another "ding-dong", and this time, a roar. There were two gigantic fish with very cool designs on them. One was black and one was white. It was just too cool to behold! All of sudden though, out of know where, Happy flew in the air and shouted, "Oh my gosh! Its a BIG fish! And there's TWO of them! I'm in heaven!"

"Happy, come down here now!" Carla called after him. "They're not really fish you know." "I know I know, but wouldn't you want to eat them?" said Happy as he flew back down. "No, I don't eat fish." Carla retorted. To be honest, Happy almost gave me a heart attack there when he jumped up like that. Hopefully he won't do that again.

Lucy and Yukino stared at each other one last time and yelled at the same time, "Let's do this!" They both sent out their zodiacs and they battled for quite a while until Pices got chopped up. At least they didn't die, they came back together but they were wounded pretty badly. "Close, gate of the two fish." said Yukino, then whispered, "You did well."

Yukino then called out another zodiac, the gate of the balance, Libra. That Zodiac looked pretty cool too. She wore a green bandana and held one measurement balance in each hand. She also struck a pose that looked like she was about to fall over, but she didn't. "Go Libra, attack Cancer!" Yukino ordered. Libra leapt forward quickly towards him as Lucy said, "You know what to do, Cancer." "Right baby." Cancer responded.

Cancer leapt toward Libra as she did toward Cancer. They fought for about a while until Cancer fell down hurt. "Oh no! Cancer!" Lucy yelled in shock as she ran to him. "It's alright, close, gate of the giant crab." Cancer disappeared and Lucy called out another Zodiac. "Open, gate of the Maiden! Virgo!" A cute maid came up from the ground and bowed to Lucy and asked, “Is there anything I can help you with Princess?"

“Yes." answered Lucy. “I want you to defeat the Libra zodiac for me." “As you wish Princess." Virgo turned around to face Libra after she had talked with Lucy. Then, she disappeared into the ground. Surprise struck Libra in the face when she saw Virgo disappear into the ground. But then, behind Libra, Virgo struck her from under and she went down, but got up quickly as soon as she fell.

Virgo vanished again underneath the ground. This didn't shock Libra this time because she knew what Virgo would do. Libra stood in place in a stance with her balance scales in hand. The crowd remained silent as they watched what was going to happen. We all waited for a long time until Virgo came up and tried to knock down Libra again, but she dodged Virgo' s attack and knocked her down instead!

The crowd, the other guilds, and us gasped. Virgo fell to the ground and this time, she was surprised. Libra faced Virgo and tried to punch her but Virgo dug into the ground, almost causing Libra to fall in the hole Virgo made. Virgo came out behind her and struck Libra again from the back side. Only this time, Virgo hit her several times.

Libra fell and she looked badly hurt. She had scrapes, cuts, and patches of dirt all over herself and her clothes. Yukino gave a angry expression and said, “Tsk. Close, gate of the balance." Libra went away into the air. “Great job Virgo, you're getting stronger." Lucy complemented. “Thank you Princess, it is my duty to serve you." Virgo thanked Lucy. I looked away from Lucy and Virgo and turned to Yukino, who still looked mad.

But then, her face lit up like a light bulb, she had an idea. “Open, gate of the snake charmer! Ophiuchus!" hearing that, Virgo and Lucy looked up to see a humongous snake being summoned. “Wh-Who is that?!" Lucy said scared and frozen in place. “I-I don't know Princess." said Virgo in the same expression and in the same position. “This is the thirteenth zodiac sign, Ophiuchus." exclaimed Yukino.

“Thirteenth zodiac?" Lucy said even more scared. “Ophiuchus?" Virgo said as scared as Lucy. “Yes. You don't stand a change against this zodiac!" Yukino yelled. Ophiuchus roared after Yukino finished her sentence. Lucy and Virgo and all the rest of the rest of the zodiac keys would never stand a chance against Ophiuchus. Not even for a mere second.