Eight

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (Boyce Avenue ft. Diamond White cover)

She was avoiding him. Of this he was sure.

Brian shifted restlessly in his black leather chair and drummed his pen to a staccato beat on his desk as his mind wandered back to the night he'd spent with her and the weeks following in which he'd attempted to enlist her company again, to no avail.

First he'd been told, she wasn't available and he'd been surprised at the anger that had flowed through him at the insinuation behind the words.

Did it mean she was with another client? or even worse clients, like she'd had that day with him and Jax?

When he'd asked for clarification, they'd  informed him that she only came in once a week and those times usually didn't coincide with his visits.

Of course he'd gone ahead to ask for the exact day she would be in and had made it a point to be there. He'd requested her company as soon as she arrived...only she'd never arrived.

Exasperated, he'd asked to see the management for an explanation. They had apologized profusely for her absence, reassured him that she was still a part of their organization and promised to get to the bottom of her continued absence from Donna.

He'd given direct instructions to be contacted on his mobile the moment she was available whether or not he was at Donna.

It was now three weeks and still no word, and, the more time that passed, the more restless he grew about not having seen her still.

His mind traveled back to the night they'd spent together. His appetite for her had been insatiable and he'd fucked her senseless, but she'd given as good as she'd gotten, riding him without inhibition, her soft breasts bouncing and swaying, her hips rolling, her pussy squeezing and stroking.

Eventually, too exhausted to move anymore, they'd fallen asleep and in the morning he'd woken up in a large empty bed.

She was gone.

And so was the silly little smile on his face that he'd woken up with.

Abruptly, he stood and grabbed his suit jacket from it's stand behind his chair. Striding quickly to the door, he pulled the glass door open with such force that Stephanie jumped in her seat as he came out.

He slammed it closed behind him,
'I'll be out the rest of the afternoon.' He barked out, not pausing in his stride.

'Hold all my calls.'

                       •••••••••••••

A sheen of sweat coated Skylar's naked body as she thrashed around on the bed in her tiny apartment.
Her eyes were squeezed shut and her lips pulled up in a tight grimace as sobs wracked her body.

She was running down a long carpeted hallway towards the sound of her mothers screams, her little feet thudding on the carpet as she approached the door at the end of the hall.

'Mama,' she screamed, banging her little fists on the huge door, she stood on her toes and turned the handle pushing against the door hopefully.

It didn't budge.

She shivered on the bed, the bedcovers bunched at her feet as she curled into a fetal position, her arms wrapped around her midsection.

'Mama.' She sobbed into her pillow.

Her world tilted as she suddenly felt a warmth envelope her. Large arms banded around her body and turned her around. She looked up into warm brown eyes, her gaze sliding down to the tempting lips that was closing the distance between them.