Fifteen

Music: What about us by Pink

The leaks had begun.

He knew this because he'd received a cryptic message from Malcolm two days before, simply stating; operation in motion.

He'd figured that had meant his friend had successfully carried out step one of their plan.

He'd also seen the news, the story had traveled like wildfire from one news station to another, it had gained momentum faster than he'd expected and he figured that it would soon be time to carry out the next step in his his plan to take Fred Whitfield down.

It hadn't particularly been a complex strategy to come up with. The man, Fred, had barrelled through one woman after the other, leaving a trail of destruction and despair in his wake, and it hadn't taken Brian long to figure out that if he'd taken a young woman such as Sky's mother and made an absolute mess of her life, there had to be other women in his past to whom he'd done the same.

A pattern of behavior, so to speak, and he'd tasked Malcolm with finding these women and convincing them to tell their story, and in doing so, he'd made sure that anyone who chose to come forward would have whatever support they would need, both legal and financial.

There were many more women who were on the verge of speaking out, and once they did, his lawyers would have enough basis to put together a class action suit against Whitfield.

And then he would move to phase two.

He glanced over at Sky as their limo pulled up to the venue of the charity gala they were attending tonight.

She'd been unusually quiet throughout the ride, staring out the window, lost in thought. He knew that her current mood probably had something to do with the recent news of her stepfather that had begun circulating.

He hadn't yet admitted to her that he knew more about her and her life than she would've liked, and he wasn't ready to, because that admission had the potential to destroy the shaky ground they were already on.

Eventually he would have to, but...not tonight, he thought to himself as they exited the vehicle to greet the flashing lights of the media's cameras.

....

The charity gala in attendance was an annual event hosted by the five of them, Brian, Jax, Max, Jay and Evans, to raise awareness for the charities they supported both individually and collectively, as well as funds for those same charities.

For them, it was one of the biggest events they hosted and every name that mattered in the world of business, politics, hollywood and otherwise was in attendance. It was a lavish affair, and every year, the men spared no expense on throwing it.

Each of the men were, of course, in attendance, and so were their significant others...or those that best fit that description.

Jax had come in with his wife Demi, Brian with Sky, Jay and Max both had women on their arms that Brian didn't recognize and Evans had come in with his sister Robyn.

The men wove through the large crowd with their dates, pausing at the various tables to greet their guests, make introductions and polite conversation and engage in mini interviews with the media.

All five posed for photographs, first, alone, as a group, and lastly, with their partners, before the event officially began.

They took to the stage to open the show and Sky couldn't help smiling as she watched them dazzle the crowd with their charm and levity, before introducing the crowd to the master of ceremonies, who she recognized as a famous tv and radio and host.