CHAPTER 1: Do Me A Favor!...You Owe Me!!

<<JAMES>>

       I had woken up with my head throbbing from the hangover I got from last night. 

      As I started to move a little bit, I felt somebody's hand on my chest and someone's long hair, close to my mouth. 

      "Ugh." I groaned out. I just shook my head and then got up without caring if the girl woke up or not. 

       Though she did wake up as soon as I stood up and began putting my boxers on. 

       I walked over towards my dresser, unplugged my phone from the charger and started scrolling. That's when I noticed I had a few missed calls and a text from one of my good buddies, who was the new leader of the gang I used to be the leader of. 

       He is one of the few I had stayed in contact with since I left the gang and wanted to try and have a new life. 

       I have always wanted to have my own tattoo shop. So I finally got one and for a little over a year now, it's been great and real successful. 

       I have even had the honor of tattooing a few celebrities, even some well known artists. Life was going great. 

       That is until I saw Luke's text and listened to my voicemail. He sounded like whatever it was he needed to talk to me about was urgent. 

       I texted him back real quick and let him know he can meet me at the office and we could talk then. 

       Though he rarely asks me for help, I knew that whatever it was he needed me for, was BIG. 

***********************************************************************************************

       After walking into my shop to get ready for my first client, I start walking towards the office in the back. 

      I hadn't heard back from Luke yet. So I figured maybe he'd meet me after closing. 

       Then as I opened up the office door, I stop and see Luke sitting in one of the chairs in front of my desk. 

       He looks up at me and has a worried look upon his face but quickly replaces it with a smile. He then gets up and I close the door behind me and we do a bro hug. 

       "It's good to see you, man." He says. 

       "Yeah. You too." I reply.

       We then pulled away and I sat behind my desk while he sat back down in the chair across from me. I opened up the little fridge I had in there and grabbed us both a beer. 

      "Here ya go." I said while handing him a beer. 

       He takes it and starts taking a drink. "Thanks." He replies. 

       As I sit down, I let out a breath. "So what's goin' on?" I cut to the chase. 

       He takes a huge swig from his beer then let's out a breath. 

       "I have a huge favor that I need you to do for me." He says. 

       "What?..." I asked worriedly. 

       "I need you to help me protect a package." He says. 

       "What?" I asked. 

       "There's a special package that I swore to someone that I would protect and I need you to hold it for me for a little while. Then I'll come and get it when the coast is clear." He blurts out. 

       "What the hell?! No. I don't wan't any part of this bullshit. I left that lifestyle behind me." I replied. 

       "Please man. I swear it's not drugs or anything. And I don't have many people I can trust nowadays." He tells me with pleading eyes. 

       "There's no one that you can drop it off with at the clubhouse?" I suggested. 

       "Dude, I can't. And besides, you OWE me." 

       I looked at him and realized that I was being selfish and stupid. Because I did tell him that. He's the one after all that helped me escape. Though I never expected that the favor he'd ask of me meant that I would have to go back to my old life a little bit. 

       On one hand, I was angry at him for asking such a favor. However, on the other hand, I reminded myself that he obviously came to me cause I'm the only one he can trust and that something must be up. So I shook my head while knowing this was a bad idea, but he was like a brother to me, I gave in. 

       "Fine. Drop it off tonight, if you want. You can put it in my spare bedroom, that used to be YOUR room." I said while finishing my beer. 

       "Thanks man." Luke said happily and feeling relieved. "I'll tell you more details later."

       "Fine." I replied, "But I've gotta get to work now. So, here's my spare key. Leave it on the kitchen counter before you leave." I handed the spare key to him. 

       "I will. And James? I appreciate this." He then hugged me tightly as if it were our last.