CHAPTER 17: I Must Be Dreaming!

<<ANGIE>>

         My stomach was turning every moment I heard the auctioneer or whatever you call those guys, sell an item because I knew that the last item to be sold would be me.

         That was it, since I was not able to think of how to kill Adrian. I decided that before whoever I was sold to, would never get the chance to be with ae. For I had planned on killing myself tonight.

          I feel stupid and like I'm a disappointment and that I have failed my brother, the club, Luke and James. I am too weak. I couldn't avenge them. Am I being selfish for wanting to commit suicide since I can't kill Adrian?

         I don't know, maybe that makes me weak or selfish or stupid. But I have NOTHING left to live for.

         Everybody I loved that was close to me has been killed. And I REFUSE to become somebody's sex slave. My body belongs to two people. Myself and James. And since I no longer have him anymore, there is nothing left inside of me that's alive. The light I had, is gone.

          In fact, the best way to describe how I feel, is what was once a beautiful enchanted looking forest along with a beautiful meadow, has all died and or withered away. There are just reminders of how amazingly happy I was and how beautiful it was. But now everything is covered in darkness. The darkness lingers over all that was once beautiful.

          I'm quickly pulled up from my chair by a firm grip on my arm and am snapped back to reality, as I notice Adrian pulling me hard by my arm up to the person who is doing the bidding and asks him to leave and step aside. I quickly go back into my darkness that's inside of me.

          I don't really pay any attention to what Adrian is saying. And though I hear a bunch of male voices call out numbers, which I am assuming are figures of how much they are asking for me, I can't help but want to almost throw up in my mouth. Which in reality I would rather puke on Adrian.

          After a moment, I realize that nobody is talking. The room has gone silent. Have I been sold? And to who?

          Then I hear Adrian say, "Well, well, well. Didn't think you were alive!"

          That's when I looked over and saw him standing right in front of me.

          Am I dreaming? I have to be. He's supposed to be dead. Tell me I'm dreaming. This can't be true.

          "Luke?" I mumble under my breath before starting to cry.

          He smiles up at me that let's me know I'm not dreaming. That this is real.

          I want to smile, but can't. He now gives me a look that I've seen before when were little and were playing hide and seek with my brother. It was the look that assured me he had a plan. A plan that was going to work. I smile back at him.

          Though I quickly begin to wince as soon as I feel Adrian's hand grip tighter around my arm.

           "You've got some nerve coming in here." Adrian begins to threaten Luke.

           Luke chuckles. "Me? Tell me, Adrian, have you told these people how you really  make your money? How you really 'earned' your spot as the leader? By murdering not just Tucker, but both his and Angie's parents as well and how you are using her to get their inheritance.?" Luke has a grin on his face. "Oh, not to mention, also, shooting James."

           Adrian grips on to my arm tighter. I feel more disgusted than anything. He also killed my parents to become leaders of the gang? Now I'm filled with rage. Fuck killing myself, I'm fucking killing this motherfucker. Though I notice everyone staring at Adrian now like they are confused, but mostly wanting to kill him for killing my parents. Apparently they were well respected by everyone. Even the Cartel. Which I found out as a little girl, NEVER fuck with them. Which I wouldn't anyways, I grew up playing with most their kids.