CHAPTER 2: The 'Package'

<<ANGIE>>

       My plane had finally landed and I was glad to be out of my house. After my brother, Tucker's death, I needed to get away. Too many memories that were more painful than good. He was all I had left. Well, other than my cousin, Luke. 

       He knew I had to get away from where I was at and start anew somewhere. So he offered me to stay at his friend's place. But the thing was that he wouldn't be there. Which sucked. 

       At first,  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but then again, anywhere was better than where I was living at. I don't want to be a part of that life anymore. 

       After grabbing a couple of my suitcases, I headed towards a taxi outside and told the driver the address to take me to. 

       As we pulled up and I payed him, I got out and took a look at the building. It was decent looking. Pretty nice. I then began walking up the stairs with my bags. Well, more like dragging my bags and my tired jet-lagged body up the five flight of stairs since the elevator wasn't working. 

       I looked under the 'Welcome' mat that had a Harley Davidson Bike on it. I found the spare key that Luke had told me about and opened the door. 

       As I walked in, I started looking around and I called out to see if his roommate was there or not. He wasn't. So I decided to find my room and just get my PJ's out and then unpack everything else tomorrow and hopefully meet his roommate then. 

        I texted Luke to let him know that I made it OK as well as thanked him again. Then, I passed out. 

*****************************************

        It was 2 AM in the morning when I was woken up from hearing somebody close the front door hard. Then I heard ruffling noise coming from the kitchen. I had hoped it was his roommate. However, I didn't want to take any chances, so I grabbed the wooden baseball bat that was next to the bed. And held it up to prepare myself to use it as a weapon. 

       I quietly and slowly opened up the door and took a quick look around and saw the kitchen light was on. I then heard somebody sound like they were trying to scream but couldn't cause their mouth was covered by something. 

        I quickly begin to prepare myself to use the bat. As I finally get towards the kitchen and peek my head around the corner. On the counter, I see a man who is shirtless, wearing dark pants, covered in tats and has muscles that make me wanna drool. I also notice a females skinny legs and arms are wrapped around him as he's kissing her and she's moaning in his mouth. 

        'Oops.' I immediately think. I try backing up slowly to go towards my room when the girl see's me. Her eyes widened as she gasps. 

        James looks at her then looks in the direction she is and see's me. He then begins to scowl at me. 

       The girl get's down and tries to fix herself while he begins to stomp towards me. 

       "Who the fuck are you?!" He demanded. 

       "I-I'm sorry." I start to say. 

       "I said, who. The. Fuck. Are You?!" He demanded again while this time grabbing my arm, making me wince. 

       "I'm Angie." I tell him. 

       "What the hell are you doing in my house?!" He assertively asks. 

       I immediately flinch, fearing he might hit me or something. 

      "L-Luke told me I could stay here. He said you told him it was OK." I replied with fear. 

      Then, the more I looked at him. The more I realized how he looked familiar. But it couldn't be the James I was in love with when I was sixteen. The man who said he would return to come and get me, but didn't. Could it be him?

       "What? He didn't tell me you....." He stops himself and looks as though he suddenly realizes something. "That motherfucker!" He says while then turning back at the girl and yells out to her, "Leave! Now!"

       "Excuse me?" She says, crossing her arms against her chest, sounding offended. 

       "I said, get the hell out!" He growled this time at her and made both her and I jump a little bit. 

       She then grabs her purse from off the counter and storms out of the condo, slamming the door shut behind her. 

       He next snaps his head back to me with a glare. 

       I feel like this might be the end for me. He's going to kill me or something. And why the hell is he so surprised? Didn't Luke tell him? 

       He pulls me by the arm and sits me down on the couch and quickly takes out his phone. 

       He dials a number and put's the phone up to his ear, still glaring at me. He quickly then says, "Don't you fucking move. I'm gonna fix this shit."

       I just nodded my head in agreement and started rubbing my arm where I know I'll have a bruise from him squeezing so damn hard. 

       He walks towards the kitchen and begins talking to somebody. I'm hoping it's Luke. Though I can't really hear what's being said or anything. 

       He glances over at me while talking to whomever it is on the phone to probably make sure that I don't move. 

       Although, I immediately see his face expression become more tense and he clenches his jaw and fists. For a minute, I thought he might break his phone. 

       After almost half an hour, he hung up, held the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger while closing his eyes. 

       He then opens them up and looks back at me before letting out a big breath. 

       The next thing I see is him grabbing a drinking glass and pours a full glass of Makers Mark. He drinks it all down in one gulp. Then pours another one and starts walking back into the living room, towards me. 

       He just stands there, looking at me, squints at me a little bit and takes another drink from his glass. 

       I look back at him, though I feel a bit nervous and start wondering if he's thinking of killing me or what. I don't like silence. It scares me. 

       I then see him wipe the corners of his mouth with his hand. 

       "Was that Luke on the phone?" I asked him. 

        "He said he'll talk to you in a few minutes." He then storms off towards his room and I take the opportunity to run into mine and lock the door behind me. 

       That's when I hear my phone ring. It's Luke. He has a SHIT LOAD of explaining to do.