CHAPTER 9: Bittersweet Revenge?!

<<JAMES>>

        I was glad that she was coming with me to my shop. This way,  I could be sure she was safe. Besides, I wanted to introduce her to my crew. 

        When we got to the shop, everybody looked at us and Zandria was the first one to introduce herself. Then everybody else did the same. 

        Then I hear Andy ask, if we're together. Which makes me for some reason, come back to reality and makes me realize that I don't know what we are. It's too soon. I do want to be with her, but I'm not sure yet, if we should be or not. Though, now, as I think about it, I also begin thinking that maybe it wasn't a good idea to kiss her this morning. That probably gave her some mixed signals. 

        I can feel Angie looking at me, waiting for me to answer. Then I notice her getting ready to answer but I quickly cut her off and blurt out, that we aren't dating. 

       Why I said that? I don't know. It was none of their business. But now, I'm pissed off at myself even more than I was before, especially for telling everyone that, but I panicked I guess is a good way to put it. 

       What the fuck is wrong with me?! I asked myself. Why do I have to be such a bipolar asshole?

       I could tell that Angie felt disappointed and upset. 

       We started heading back towards the office and I began telling her where the office, break room and bathrooms were. Then I just left, while ignoring her childish remark. I closed the door behind me and got my station prepared and all ready for my client that was about to come in. 

        Everybody else was preparing themselves for their clients. 

        Andy however, already got started on his client and was just finishing up. 

        Andy is a talented guy and very laid back and funny as hell. 

        It was about half an hour into my clients tattoo that I saw Andy get up and head towards the break room. 

       My client and I wee talking and laughing about random shit that we did in our lives when we were teenagers and the mistakes we made. 

       He was getting a grim reaper on his entire back. 

       I was caught up in the tattoo that I didn't notice what time it was til I noticed it was close to closing and everybody had already left. Well, except Andy who was packing up his station. 

        I hear the door open up from the office and see Angie walking out and right up to me. 

       "I'm gonna go home. I'll see you later." She tells me then starts walking off until I call out to her.

       "Hold up." I tell her. 

      She turns and looks at me as though she's a little upset. 

      "What?" She asks. 

      "I'll be done in an hour. Can you wait for me?" I ask in more of an assertive tone than I wanted it to be. 

      "I'm really bored." She says. 

      I take in a breath and let it out. "Fine." I tell her trying to not sound so upset in front of my client. "I'll be home in a couple of hours." 

      "Okay." She replies. Though she doesn't sound like she cares when I'm coming home. And I know that I deserve the cold shoulder cause I've been a huge dick to her in letting her believe one thing and then...