CHAPTER 8: Moment Of Truth.....

<<ANGIE>>

        I was really happy to be going with him to his shop. 

       Though, as I start to get dressed, I begin to think about this morning when we kissed. Was it sympathy cause he felt bad about last night? Or was he trying to tell me he wants something more?

       I know that it's probably too soon to be asking, but I would like to know. Or at least have an idea. Either way, I needed to know what this is. So I decide to wait until later to bring it up. 

***********************************************************************************************

       We arrived at his shop and as I walked in, it seemed like everybody was just hanging out and as soon as James and I walked in, everybody seemed to have stopped what they were doing and look at us. Especially at our hands as he was holding mine. 

       A girl walked up to us and looked at me as she seemed to also be the only female there, so I assumed it was Zandria. Especially from how James described her. She really could pass as a twin for Bettie Page. She had a rockabilly look that I have always loved in the beauty industry. She is also tatted and pierced pretty much everywhere on her body. She also had black and purple hair and with one side of her head shaved. 

       "I'm Zandria." She greets me while holding out her hand.

       "I'm Angie." I replied while shaking her hand. 

       There were a couple of guys in there who also walked up to me and introduced themselves. 

        One of the guys named Andy, asked me and James, "So are you two dating?"

       I look over at James and was waiting for him to answer. Instead, he just begins to glare at Andy. 

       I was about to answer 'yes' but James then beat me to it. 

       "No. We are JUST friends." He replies firmly. 

        I am shocked and surprised. I guess that answered my question about from what happened this morning. The kiss didn't mean anything. That, or he was ashamed and or embarrassed to be with me. Wow, Never thought I could feel this stupid again. 

       He then takes me towards the back at the office. 

        We walk in and he begins telling me, "Alright. So this is the office, you can hang out in here. We also have a small break room that's on the other side of this wall as well as the bathrooms. Help yourself to whatever. I'll be out there." He tells me while avoiding eye contact. 

         "What? No coloring books and crayons?" I ask sarcastically. 

         He doesn't even crack a smile. Instead, he just scowls a little bit then leaves, shutting the door behind him. 

         I try and not to let anything that just happened really to get to me.  So I just sit in his chair and start browsing through his laptop  and going to Pinterest and Wattpad. 

        I feel like a kid who's parent couldn't find a babysitter and was forced to bring me to their work. 

        Which if he didn't want me to come, then why'd he offer? I swear, sometimes I wonder if he's bipolar or something. 

       I can hear everyone laughing and having a good time. I even hear James laughing. 

       I swear, I'm so annoyed right now that I would love nothing more than to piss him off.