CHAPTER 16: SOLD!!

<<THIRD PERSON'S POV>>

         Tonight was the night of the auction annual party at Adrian's house.

         All the well known MC's along with the Mafia, was going to be there. Some are friends and some aren't. But I'm not going to socialize or try and catch up with certain people. Nope. I'm there for one reason and that reason being for Angie.

         I had promised to keep her safe and safe is what I intend to keep her.

        I had told the guys that tonight we would end this asshole, Adrian's life. We had to do it for those we lost close to us and to protect ourselves and others from Adrian 
and his crew.

        So the guys and I started to get ready and geared up for tonight's event.

        We made sure that you couldn't tell we would be packing or had our bulletproof vests on under our tuxes. Which you weren't able to tell.

         We started heading towards the party.

*****************************************

        Once we arrived, several of the guys started to surround the perimeter around the house while me and a few others went inside to try and look for Angie.

        When we were inside, several more of the guys went to secure areas around the house while me and my buddy had decided to grab a drink and try to blend in with everyone, before the auction started. There were thousands of people here.

        I finally spotted Angie. She looked amazingly beautiful as always. But she didn't have that beautiful smile of hers. In fact, she looked depressed and almost as though she had no emotions. I know why too.

       I wanted so badly to go up to her and snatch her away. But I couldn't. I needed to wait until the perfect moment. The moment James told me about.

        That's when I saw Adrian and Angie both walk up onto the stage. Well, it was actually more like Adrian dragged her up onto the stage with him.

        Adrian then walks up to the microphone and was getting ready to thank everyone for coming.

         "Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to my party. Tonight we will be auctioning off amazing items for your liking. And tonight's auction, in particular, makes it one of the BEST parties I have ever had." He says while looking at Angie with a smile and her with a look of disgust. "So enjoy the party and auction and let the bidding begin." Everyone roars in clapping.

         He steps off to the side for a few moments while letting the auctioneer start auctioning of items.

         It was like any other auctioning event for rich people in that the items that were bid on were expensive things. Which wasn't really my taste. Except for one particular item tonight. Just one was all I needed to get.

        The auction started and people were shouting out numbers left to right. Paintings were sold, cars, boats, etc.

         Then it finally came down to the moment. To the ONE item I was here for. Angie.

         Once numbers were called out from almost everyone there, my chance came. Without hesitation, I called out a price to get Adrian's attention.

          "$5 million!" I called out. Everybody turned their heads as I started making my way towards the stage where I looked up at Angie the entire time and when I finally got there, she still doesn't look at me. 

           "Well, well, well. Didn't think you were alive." He says while I grin at him.

           After Adrian says that, I see Angie look at me and blink a few times as though she can't believe I'm really here. So I just give her a huge smile, letting her know that I'm really here and that this isn't a dream. I'm alive.