CHAPTER 6: I Don't Need A Babysitter!

<<ANGIE>>

       I've been here a couple of weeks already and James and I have been getting along and decided we would start anew with each other. And we have been, so far, doing really good at building a friendship. I couldn't be happier. 

       I won't lie though. I do still get jealous whenever I hear him and a girl come stumbling into the condo, drunk in the middle of the night. However, I just remind myself that him and I are friends and nothing more. 

       It's not like he does it every night. But still, it's a little bit annoying. 

      Anyways, today was the day that my friend, Gavin, was coming to see me and pick up his Abraham Lincoln (zombie) costume. 

      I was so excited and couldn't wait to see him. It's been almost a year. He has been my best friend since elementary and we have always been there for each other. He had moved away for a while once we got to middle school, but we found each other on social media a few years later and have been staying in touch ever since. 

       James had already left for work and I was preparing for Gavin to come. When I heard a knock at the front door. 

       I answered it and saw Gavin. I smiled real big and right away hugged him tightly. While he did the same. 

       "Hey sweetie." He says to me. 

      "Hey. I'm so glad to see you. It's been a while." I told him before inviting him inside. 

       After coming in, I grab us both a beer and we talk for a bit and a couple hours later, we get to fitting him for his costume.

       I have him strip down to nothing but bis boxer briefs.

       "Contain yourself." He teases. 

       "Uh huh." I said, as I began preparing the first piece for him.  "Do you remember when I was crying in third grade cause I asked if you would go out with me and you told me no?"

       "Yes. But then I told you later in class that I couldn't cause I was gay." He winked at me.      

       We both laugh together until we hear the front door open and a girl is giggling. Which I think is new cause it isn't the middle of the night or even dark outside yet for a few more hours. Oh well, I thought. I need to just ignore it. 

        I begin placing the chest piece onto him and then the rest.

       After I was finished, I took a picture of him and was so excited and happy with how it turned out. 

        He then asks me if i would like to go with him and that I could just wear whatever I had that was nice and that would be fine. To which I think about for a minute because I know that Luke said I need to tell James where I'm going and who I'm with if I was to hang out with people. But for the most part, he wanted me to stay around, close to the condo or at least have someone with me to go wherever I want to. And since I didn't want to bother James too much and also since I didn't know anybody else here, I felt that I needed to get out of the house. 

        "Don't think about it too much." Gavin teased while laughing. 

        "Shut up. And yes, I will go with you. Just give me half an hour." I replied. 

        "Alright." He says. Then he walks out of the bedroom. 

        It took me a little bit over half an hour, but I looked amazing. If I do say so myself.