9. I will die

Narrators POV

One step up , other up , running up stairs as fast as she could . It's 5.30 in the morning and Ruby rushed to 4th floor to check on the only girl she felt bad for .
In fact she was feeling guilty for encouraging something even when she was warned by Gemini .
Gemini made it clear to Ruby about the fate of this poor girl . still she thought everything will be fine in the end . That's what's Mates are meant for . But after last nights incident , Ruby herself has so many doubles on this mate thing.
Ruby opened Gazelle's bedroom door slowly to peak inside. She find Gazelle lying on her bed . She must be sleeping.

Ruby walked down to prepare breakfast for everyone . After half an hour Gemini walked down and without saying a word she walked to her office .
Gemini was regretting her last night's act .
No matter what, she should have never raised her hand on her daughter . She can imagine if her husband was here to see this all , he would have divorced her right away. Thought of her husband brings smile on her face . Her husband loved her but when it came to her daughter , he would have turned the world upside down .
And she felt like she failed her husband .

After some hours kids started coming down . Except Gazelle . No one disturbed her .
It is unexpected silence in the witch house . Generally mornings are loud with kids shouting and running here and there getting ready . But today was different . Everyone know it's not the same morning . There sister was suffering something bad .
Ruby ran upstairs to help Bunna, she found Sara in Bunna's room helping her get ready for school . Bunna was not able to  sleep last night without nightmares. This 6 years old ended up sleeping with Sara . 
Just then door bell rang . Who might it be ?
Ruby rushed down to open the door . She was shocked to find beta Connor standing at the door. He seems tired
" Where's Bunna ?" Was the first thing he asked
" upstairs " Ruby said and opened the door wide for him to come in. She didn't stop him .
Beta walked straight upstairs to check on his mate .

Last night , he was the one who felt like his mate was in trouble . At that time he was sitting with his alpha in there office . Immediately he stood up .When Alpha asked him whats wrong ? , he told him that he has to go see his mate . with that said , he walked out of pack house and started walking towards witch house .

Suddenly he heard a scream , Connor know it was his mate so he rushed to save his mate, he followed her scent . Just as he reached the clearing he saw a rogue charging towards  his mate. His heart beat increased and he ran fast to save his mate . but before he could reach half way near this rogue , someone else run from the other side and wrapped his mate in a protective way .

Beta Connor shifted immediately while running towards the rogue to kill him . He caught the Rogue just an inch before it could touch the girls. He was so angry and in one snap, he tore the rogues chest , killing him at the spot . All the blood spilled around . Beta Connor turned his wolfs face towards the girls .He was shocked to find Alpha sitting there with his arms spread around the girls .When did he came there ? Connor didn't want Bunna to see him like this . So he mind linked his alpha telling him that he will take the body from there and clean up . he told his alpha to keep girls safe . On the way back he kept thinking about alpha and his mate. He knows everything since the day alpha first saved his mate from that run away prisoner . But he can't believe his alpha and his actions .

Now is not the time to think about alpha and his mate but instead his own little mate . Connor followed his mate's scent and reached her room. It's door was open . He found his beautiful mate sitting on the bed , instructing her eldest sister to tie her hair in two ponies .Without disturbing both the girls , he leaned on the door frame , enjoying the scene . After a minute , Sara noticed him standing on the door step . Her shocked reaction was noticed by Bunna .Bunna turned her face to see her new best friend standing there . She immediately jumped off the bed and ran towards him with her arms wide open.

" Connorrrrr" she screamed his name . Connor bend down a little and picked up his mate in his arms . He loved this feeling . Its the first time he have her in his arms , First time she is so close to him . Otherwise only thing they have done till now is hand shake and fist bum. His wolf was also happy with his mate in his arms . Bunna started telling him last nights incidence . He felt bad for his mate . His mate was so scared and he was not there on time to help his mate .

After comforting his mate , beta Connor walked down with his mate in his arms. Sara was already down eating breakfast with rest of the siblings . Surprisingly Gazelle was also there now . She seemed in grossed in her breakfast . He wished everyone morning and joined the table . Connor took a seat opposite Gazelle , placing Bunna on his laps .
Everyone was awkwardly silent . They all started eating .
Connor was feeding his little mate . on the other hand sometimes his mate also fed him back . He was enjoying the moment without anyone's disturbance , especially Ruby. Just as he turned to see Ruby standing behind the kitchen counter . He saw her spaced out . No wait she was looking straight at gazelle without blinking her eyes . Then he noticed that twins and the eldest sister were also peeking at Gazelle . He turned his face at front towards Gazelle who was sitting quietly, looking down . Her face was covered with her hair . It's first time he has seen her open hair . Generally they are tied in a pony .
He thought to himself - Did something happened after he left last night . He is very thankful to Gazelle for endangering her life to protect his mate . But then again he knows she would have done it no matter what . She is a caring person and on the top of it , She was saving her own sister .
To break this awkward atmosphere he finally spoke " hey Gazelle. Thanks for what you di... "
Just as he was talking Gazelle raise her head , making him stop talking .
Thank moon goddess for blowing a hint of air on Gazelle's face and flying her hair off her face .
It was the proof that beta Connor needed to realise that yes something big did happened yesterday.
That proof was her swollen cheeks .
Immediately he put his mate down and kissed her cheeks saying bye and he would come get her back from school.
Beta Connor has never stepped into anyone's business but he felt like he need to do it this time .
So without saying much he walked out of witch house and ran towards pack house .
Upon reaching there , he asked someone where Alpha was .
Alpha was in the gym

Alpha Adam's POV

I need to win .
I need to win this battle .
I will defeat these new pups and teach them the lesson .
You can't have any weakness.
If you do . It will ultimately make you weaker .

I was hitting , punching this pup who thinks he can fight me back . No one is strong enough to even lay a finger on me .

I felt something hit my face making me stumble .
" what the hell!" I shouted at my beta who just came out of no where and punched me , breaking my nose .
" how dare you ?" I shouted yet again and raised my hand to punch him back but he dodged it.
" everyone out , now ! " he ordered everyone to leave .

what is he trying to do

"Why don't you just reject her?" his words sharp , disrespectful.

Reject her!? Gazelle...
" how can I .. how can I fucking reject her ... she is my mate . I will DIE if I reject her ! "

Yes ! I will fucking die because
I will kill myself
If I reject her...