22. I love you

Gazelle's POV

" lets go" I pulled Eva

" no" she whispered

" come on Eva , lets get out of here. Connor is down stairs with Bunna . We are here to get you" I said again pulling her . But she didn't move. She use her powers to block me from touching her .

" Eva , don't use shield on me !" I convince her .

" I can't go with you . " she said crying

" what ? Eva we are here now , everything is alright . Lets get out of here" I said

" no gazelle! You don't get it . That spirit was a witch before . She is trying to hurt people. She... will kill you . She ... she killed my parents . She killed your... father too" Eva said sobbing

" what" I was shocked

Is it the one that cursed this pack , she killed my father too

" I have to go to her " Eva whispered

" what?" I said

" Gazelle , I will go to her , she keeps calling me , she wants to take me somewhere . she said she would come to peace if I go somewhere with her . " Eva said looking outside the window

" ok ... lets go together . " I said

I have to go and see what this spirit has got to do . Plus maybe I can find some solution. It's not like it can kill me with its own hands .

" huh?" Eva expressed confusion

" tell me where she is ?" I asked Eva

She pointed out of window . Outside in the back yard ?

" ok lets go " I said walking out of her room .

Wait Connor is down stairs . He won't let me go. plus he already is disobeying Adam by bringing me here.
Is it even ok to go ? But I can't let Eva go alone . And Eva won't leave this place to come with me back to pack house . Maybe I can solve the whole problem . Maybe Adam and I can live like normal mates . We could have normal future. He won't be always worried about me and my safety . Mom will also be relieved .
These all thoughts made me believe that it's the best if I go find that spirit.

So I turn back around . Eva was standing behind me .
" Lets jump down from the window " I suggested

Eva signed 4 th floor and death .
Why did she stop talking suddenly. First she kept on talking and now back to silence.

I hold her arm and dragged her down . Suddenly I felt pain in my arm where I was holding her
" ouch! Eva I'm not taking you to pack house . Just follow me . We will jump from 2nd floor ."

Adam once told me that there is a tree near bunna' s room window . It's helpfully in sneaking in and out.
And yes it was . we both easily stepped out in the back yard from bunna's room window.

I wonder what Connor is doing? . Didn't he said that we will pick the girls up and go back immediately? Maybe Bunna distracted him. Anyways his distraction helped us sneak out .

Eva led the way., we walked for few minutes.
" There is a cliff further ahead " i informed Eva

She nodded and kept on moving until we reached the end .

" there" Eva pointed towards the water

" in the water ?" I asked

She nodded . Eva is shaking , so am I

But she is just a 10 years old kid .

" you stay here , I will go down " I told Eva.
I remember Ruth's secret path , I can use it and go down near the water to meet that spirit.

Eva suddenly caught my hand stopping me . She was crying .
She must be scared of the spirit . What if that spirit cames back to her ? And Why can't I see that spirit ?
Wait I am wearing grandma's pendent that blocks spirits . I quickly remove it and put it around Eva's neck .

" wait here for me , don't worry this will protect you " I told her and started walking down the path.

I started hearing small whispers , not very clear . Someone was whispering my name
" Gazelle " again and again
It can't be Eva's voice
I felt a hint of cold air touch my neck "you want his mark here" some voice came . I looked around to see the source of the voice . Nothing . I can't find anyone . Is it that spirit ? Sun is setting down and it's becoming little scary now . Maybe I should go back . I can bring mom here now that I know where I can find that spirit .
I turn back around but didn't move an inch .
" coward " again a whisper came .

I am not a coward!
I ....
I can't miss this opportunity
To meet that spirit
Last I remember , we came here to swim and we didn't see or feel any spirit back then.
If I wait for mom and others to come , maybe it won't show up .

So it's final
I am going down , now
And handle this thing myself
I am going to ask this spirit what it's problem is ?
Even if I have to , I will beg her to undo the curse
I started walking back down towards water but luck was not on my side as I slipped .
I slipped and rolled down the path .
Oh no
I fell in the water , Going deep inside with the force of gravity.
I hurriedly started swimming back up to the surface

I feel like someone is tugging on my feet .
Oh no
Someone or something is pulling me down .
I can't... go up
I can't breath
Help!
I shouldn't have come here alone
I am going to die drowning
Darkness , there is darkness in front of my eyes.
I'm sorry mom
I'm sorry Adam
I didn't get a chance to even say I love you .

I love you mom
I love you Adam ......