Twilight, what's wrong?

Trixie: It's been a few days since we visited Sunset and Twilight.

Midnight: I wouldn't visit them right now if I were you.

Starlight: Why?

Midnight: Twilight and Sunset have something important to talk about.

Starlight: What?

Midnight: Just read to find out.

Trixie: Is it me or does Midnight seem different.

Starlight: I noticed it also. She's usually so...

Trixie: Talkative?

Starlight: Yeah...

Sunset's pov:

It's been almost New Years and Twilight still hasn't gone home. I'm really worried about her. She's been wearing a fake smile a lot lately. 'Maybe I should ask her what's wrong. I am her girlfriend after all.' I got up from the bed and went to the living room and stood in front of her.

"Everything okay Sun?" I took a deep breath and held out my hand remembering the first time I held out my hand to her and how cute her reaction was. "Let's go for a walk. The town looks beautiful when covered in snow." I smile at her. She smiles back and takes my hand holding it tighter than usual. 'Something is defiantly wrong.' I think to myself keeping a smile so Twilight doesn't get worried.

*2 hours later*

Twilight was really quiet but she had a real smile on her face which warmed my heart. Even with it being cold out. The warmth in my heart made it tolerable. Twilight was shaking though so I put my arm around her. She kissed my cheek putting her arm around me as well. No one was around so I thought now was a good chance, "Twilight?"

"Yeah?" I stop walking and look at her, "Can I ask you something?"

She nodded getting closer to me. On instinct, I wrap my arms around her. "You've been really quiet and not wearing a real smile lately, and you still haven't gone back to Equestria. I'm not complaining, I love having you around. I love cuddling you and being able to kiss you goodnight and to hug you and to tell you I love you when ever I want. But if something is wrong please tell me."

The look she was giving me told me that something was wrong. She looked down and I could see the tears falling. "I don't want to go back to Equestria. I want to stay here with you. I have nothing else left in Equestria, and I like living here as a human. Especially, if I'm with you. Please don't make me go back." 

She was gripping my shirt and crying into my shirt. I rubbed her back and held the back of her head. "It's okay Twilight. What do you mean you have nothing left in Equestria? What about your friends? And your responsibilities at a princess?"

"Everyone thinks I was killed in a fight against Queen Chrysalis. If I go back now. There will be an all out war against the Changelings for 'holding me captive'." 

"So that's what you meant by being busy."

She nodded, "I figured if I could fake my death than I could come back here and be with you. The only one who knows about this is Spike. He went to live with the dragons to keep everything a secret once and for all."