Have I gone mad?

Olive's pov:
Harry and I leave my father in the woods after our shocking meeting and continue to stroll through the forest. Harry seems to know the place like the back of his hand and I don't know how?
"Do you think we'll see the Cheshire Cat?" I asked Harry.
"I'm not sure birdie, he could be watching us now." Harry looks around the forest until both our eyes land on a huge heap of red.
The queen of hearts castle!
I let out a gasp as I'm drawn to it. Harry pulls me back by my waist and I slam into his chest. He lets out a husky whisper in my ears "I wouldn't if I were you."
I shake myself from his arms, "I'm perfectly fine Harry! I just want to look." I sneer.
Harry holds up his hands in defense "whoa not my fault I want your pretty head still attached to your body." He swore.
"Jack would have been a totally better choice to take to Wonderland." I roll my eyes.
"Ah yes, but you see, you're stuck with me and I'm your second best choice." Harry taps my nose with his finger before heading the way we came into the forest.
"Harry!? Where are you going?" I yelp.
"You seem confident, you go explore. I'm going straight back to your dad's house." Harry points out looking annoyed.
"Fine! Be that way!" I huff continuing down the leafy path.

______

"Who might you be?" Says a sickening voice from the shadows.
"Oh, hello sir! I'm Olive." I greet happily holding out my hand. The man steps from the bushes with a eerie smile and I feel goosebumps go up my arms.
He leans down and kisses my knuckles, "Charming." He grins.
"Who- who are you?" I fumble with my words.
"Shhhhh. Relax Olive." He grins

I shake when I feel the scenery around me change

I shake when I feel the scenery around me change. "Whoa!" I look around, "you're the-" I begin.
"White rabbit? Yes." He chuckles holding out a pocket watch swinging it in my face.
I take a moment to process all this, "Wait a minute! How did you know my name!?" I shiver backwards.
"You're quite well known here in Wonderland young one." He points out vaguely before straightening his posture. "You seem troubled, care to tell me why?" He smiles softly.
"I'm not supposed to be here." I frown looking down at my feet.
"Ah. But you are young hatter, your destiny lies here." He shrugged his voice nipping at my thoughts.

"But when I crossed into the star like many times before I wished of home. Neverland is home! Not this mad hell hole!" I shriek and tug at my hair.

"But everyone here is mad. It's simple and this is home." He insists wanting me to believe. His eyes stare intently at mine as if he were trying to study me. "You lack magic." He drawled shaking his head in disappointment.

"I can't take one more moment of your nonsense! Please leave me alone." I shout in frustration starting to cry.
"Oh no. Don't cry. Please don't cry! If the duke sees this he'll have my head." He quivers trying to find a way to fix my mood.

"Have I gone mad?" I whisper. A small tear trails down the side of my cheek as I look up at the man.

"Oh Olive." He sighs pulling me in to a hug as I cry on his shoulder.

Our hug is cut off by a animalistic growl.

White rabbit quickly removes himself from my arms and starts to shake.

"My lord I'm terribly sorry. It's not what you think." White rabbit sputters out a quick apology.

I turn around and I gasp seeing the so called duke...

"Harry?"

"Have I gone mad?" I cry out.

______
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
-Lewis Carroll  Alice in Wonderland
______

Author's note:
Ok I think I'm done with these bizarre plot twist for  a little while.😂
Y'all probably thought white rabbit was some strange rapey guy the forest.
Olive apparently has a destiny in wonderland?
Come back tomorrow to find out what?😏
Until next time -Izzy 💓