Chapter twenty four: She is kind of gross, huh?

"Holy fucking shit." Jace said with wide eyes. "How the- you said you've never shot a hand gun before!" He shrieked with his hands on his head.

A smile teased my face, "I haven't."

"I just- I don't know how to respond to this." He stated as he stared in amazement as the door swung open.

"What the hell is going on in here?" A high pitched voice shrieked and Jace's face dropped. "Ashy! Damy! Blakey!"

I cringed at the nickname but slowly turned around to come face to face with Taylor. Asher, Damien, and Blake instantly charged in behind her and stopped when the saw me. Asher walked up and took the gun from my hands and glared at his brother.

"What the actual fuck is going on in here?" Asher growled.

"She was shooting the gun!" Taylor rattled and I glared at her. She smirked and Asher turned and told her to leave. She, Damien and Blake exited the room leaving Jace and I alone with Asher.

"You let her shoot a gun?" Asher snarled at his brother, "And you didn't even tell me? What if she got hurt!"

"Asher look-"

"No. I don't care, Jace. She could've gotten herself or you hurt." Asher cut him off with a glare.

"Don't be mad at him I asked him to help me." I pleaded and his eyes snapped to mine.

"Why the fuck do you want to know how to shoot a gun?"

I sighed, "I'm sick of being defenseless. Everyone's covering my ass and protecting me. People's lives are literally being put on the line for me and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of people 'protecting' me and paying people off for me." I aimed the last part toward him with a glare.

He ran a hand through his hair with a groan, "God, Noah you could've hurt yourself!"

"Bro!" Jace shouted in annoyance then pointed towards the targets. Asher froze when he saw them then turned to his brother as if asking him if it were me who shot the gun. He nodded and his mouth gaped slightly.

Asher cleared his throat, "Do you still want me to teach you how to fight?" He asked and I nodded. "Lets go. Jace, clean up and make sure everything's locked." He ordered and Jace nodded.

"You really shouldn't have done that, Noah." He stated once again as we exited into the hall.

"You've said that like ten times." I exaggerated. Taylors mouth gaped.

"You didn't punish her?" She asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Drop it, Taylor." Asher said then I noticed Damien and Blake smirk. I really wanted to bitch slap them right now.

"If that was me or anyone else here you'd have us thrown into the ring." She stated, her voice raising. "That's not fair! Who the fuck is she anyways? She just looks like another one of the whores trying to get into your pants."

"Taylor take a look at what you're wearing," Damien said and she looked down at her dress that barely covered her ass, "Now look at Noah." Her eyes scanned my jeans and long sleeved t-shirt, and the hoodie I had over it.

Her jaw clenched, "It's still not fair."

Asher rolled his eyes and placed his hand on my lower back, pushing me forwards. My cheeks tinged red but no one noticed.

"Where are you going?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"To my room, then out." He answered simply and kept walking. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he grabbed her wrist and twisted her arm back. "Drop it." He ordered. My eyes widened at the harshness in his tone.

"Y-yes sir." She said and he let her go. We walked into Asher's room and he locked the door behind me.

"I'll be right back." He sighed and disappeared into his bedroom.

My phone began blaring and I swiped answer, "Orange."

"Hey honey. Just calling to say goodnight and make sure you're at home." Dad said.

"Yeah, you actually just woke me up." I laughed fakely as Asher walked in. I motioned for him to be quiet and he nodded.

"Oh, I'm sorry honey. I'll call you in the morning. Okay?"

"Okay," I sighed and he hung up the call. I slid the phone in my pocket.

"Is your jacket in your room?" He asked and I shook my head.

"My jacket and shoes are in the living room on the first floor."

"Why?"

"I was hanging out with Jace, Weston, Quint, Zander, and Eric." I stated and he scrunched up his nose, "What?"

"They're all so weird...like really weird."

"Yeah. They all knew that Jace and I slept together back at 241." I stated and my mouth gaped when I realized what I said.

"You slept with my brother?" He with horror in his eyes. "When?"

"It was a one night thing and I was very drunk, okay?" I shrieked. "I actually forgot about it till I saw him!"

I did actually forget it...it was the same night of the accident that killed Will.

"God that's gross."

"Not as gross as sleeping with Taylor." I retorted and he cocked an eyebrow.

"How'd you know about that?"

"Jace. He hates her and all of those girls." I said and he just nodded awkwardly.

"She is kind of gross, huh?" His face contorted into a look of disgust. "Ew.."

"I don't know her personally so I can't say anything but yea, to me she appears to be..." I stated as we walked out of the room.