Chapter 1

Jesy
After a day of fun in-and outdoor activities in beautiful Toronto, Canada, we had now returned to work. Ariana Grande had a show at Air Canada Centre tonight, so we were doing soundcheck for that at the moment. We'd been an opening act throughout the North American leg of Ariana's Dangerous Woman Tour.

Jade and Leigh-Anne rehearsed the dance routine to Touch with Claud and Randall, while Perrie and I sang the song to each other. Looking deeply into each other's eyes, the younger blonde winked, which caused me to smile.

Letting the smile on my face fade, I went back to being serious. I had to nail the show tonight. I wanted nothing more but give the Canadian Mixers a show to remember. It was extremely important, not just to me, but to all of us, to leave a good impression. The better the show, the dance, the vocals, the higher the chance to gain a larger fanbase. A larger fanbase meant we could come back here and perform again.

"Just a touch, just a touch..."

At the end of the song, my lips curled up in yet another smile. Soundchecking with Perrie was always fun. She made me smile like no one else could. She was my ray of sunshine, my rock, my reason to smile. I was one hell of a lucky girl who got to do what I loved for a living and do it together with the love of my life. Not many people got that chance.

Squealing with delight, Perrie threw her arms around me and jumped up in my arms. Wrapping her legs around my waist, she crashed her plump lips on mine. Caught in the moment, I absentmindedly wrapped my arms around her as I kissed her back.

"Okay lovebirds, break it off. I'm sorry to interrupt your moment but Jade and I have had enough of seeing you guys sucking face."

Reluctantly breaking apart from the kiss, I put my girlfriend back down on the floor. With furrowed eyebrows and a disapproving look on her face, Leigh-Anne observed us. Looking closely, I could see she fought the urge to smile. The corners of her lips were twitching.

"You wouldn't say anything about us if Andre was here. Want to know why? Because you'd be too busy sucking his face" Perrie smirked.

"That's my girl" I giggled as I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Ugh, I'm gonna go get food with Jadey."

Leigh-Anne hooked her arm with Jade's. Not looking back once, the pair left the stage and disappeared backstage. Happy to be alone for once, I gently put the microphone down on the slippery stage floor, then I cupped my girlfriend's face as I leaned in for another kiss.

In a matter of seconds, Perrie closed the gap between us. Feeling her tongue searching for entrance, I opened my mouth slightly. Sliding in her skilled tongue, I let out a moan. Kissing her took me to a whole other planet. She had this crazy effect on me that took me away from my life here on Earth everytime we shared a kiss. It was like I died for a moment and went to heaven.

Suddenly, it was like something in my head exploded. A massive headache spread throughout my head. Due to the pain, my legs gave in and I dropped to the floor. Perrie being Perrie, pulled me back up on my feet in an instant. Worry sparkled in her eyes when I looked into them.

"Baby, are you okay?" She asked anxiously.

"My head..." I said weakly.

For the past two weeks, I had dealt with painful headaches and nausea. It came from out of nowhere. I woke up one morning and I didn't feel well. Since that morning I'd been dealing with this. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like I was getting better, as the headaches worsened for each day.

Lately, I've had more troubles, such as vision and hearing loss. Sometimes I couldn't even form a sentence, I forgot words, forgot my surroundings...I wanted to believe it had to do with the stressful life I lived, but I doubted it. Neither of the girls had these troubles. I was the only one.