Chapter 12

Perrie
The news about Jesy's cancer spread like wildfire. Half of the world's population knew about it. People being the hateful, bitter arseholes they were, had sent us comments saying Jesy deserved what was happening to her, that no one cared that she was going to die.

How people could be so rude, so heartless, I didn't know. All I knew was that their comments affected the faux ginger in a bad way. She acted like she didn't care about what was being said about her, but deep down I knew she did.

Just because she put up a front and came off as if nothing could get to her, didn't mean the hate she had to put up with didn't break her. Because it did.

Given the deadly disease she recently got diagnosed with, she was more emotional and fragile than ever before. Every little thing made her cry.

When we arrived at Port Columbus International Airport three hours ago, she broke down because she saw an airplane take-off. Breaking down for such a small thing was so unlike her. She wasn't one to cry unless people she loved and cared about were going through hard times.

Jesy cried hysterically about it for thirty minutes, then she fell asleep on my lap. She'd been asleep for an hour now, mumbled incoherent things every now and then.

I massaged her scalp while my eyes observed all the people at the airport. Personally, I thought it was quite cool how one half would fly halfway across the globe while the other half would just fly to another state.

Me and my girls belonged to the half that'd fly halfway across the globe. Our flight to London was taking off in thirty minutes. I couldn't wait to board the plane, plug in my headphones, listen to music, and just cuddle with my girlfriend until we touch down in the UK.

"How is she holding up?"

Leigh-Anne handed me a paper cup containing vanilla latte. Eyeing the sound asleep faux ginger, she sat down on the comfortable leather chair across from me. Bringing her paper cup to her lips, the black-haired woman took a sip of her coffee.

Repeating Leigh-Anne's motions, I ran my hand through Jesy's hair as I sipped the hot, well-tasting liquid.

"She's a fighter."

In fact, she'd been a fighter her whole life. Jesy had gone through a hell of a lot. She grew up without a father, she was bullied so badly she had to change schools five times, she'd dealt with insecurities and difficulties loving herself due to heartless people throwing nasty comments at her.

And now she dealt with this, the stage 4 Glioblastoma.

Stage 4 Glioblastoma. Most aggressive cancer. Brain-eating. Incurable.

My already broken heart broke in two everytime it hit me that my Jesy couldn't be saved, that the cancer she had was incurable, that she was dying. From the bottom of my heart, I wished someone would find the cure for cancer, so we could save the woman I never wanted to live without.

Of course, no one would find the cure in time. Hell, I wasn't even sure if there actually was a cure for cancer. There should be, though, doctors and scientists should try harder than they do to find it. Too many people died from this horrible disease every year.

And in just a month, this deadly disease was going to take my Jesy away. She'd become one of the many people who'd lost their lives to cancer.

"Perrie?"

Leigh-Anne's brown eyes were glassy when I aimed my blue eyes at her. She looked like she was on the verge of bursting into tears. The emotions swirling in her eyes and the way she bit her lip were enough for me to realize she wouldn't be able to hold it together for much longer.