Chapter 6

Perrie
Sun rays crept through the white hotel blinds. The warm rays of light painted parallel lines across Jesy's face. She slept soundly. Her gorgeous ginger hair splayed across the big pillow. Her long eyelashes rested against her pale skin. Light snores slipped from her slightly parted lips.

As I observed the woman I'd fallen so madly in love with, it was difficult to not notice how sick she looked. She was pale- almost as pale as I was- her hair wasn't as glossy and healthy as it used to be, her cheeks had sunken in, and she'd lost so much weight.

Seeing her like this...it broke me. It killed me. Something was clearly wrong, something that definitely wasn't because of "Jesy's stressful life" did this to her. Whatever it was made her weak, it sucked the energy out of her and worried everyone around her.

Not knowing the reason behind my girlfriend's sickness frustrated me. It frustrated everyone else as well, because we all wanted to help. We just didn't know how.

"Oh babygirl, what is it that's making you so sick?" I sighed.

With a heavy heart, I connected my lips to her smooth forehead. A tear rolled down my left cheek as it hit me how helpless I was in this unfortunate situation. I hated that I couldn't do anything to make life a little easier for the faux ginger.

Just being capable of watching as she got sicker made me feel like the worst girlfriend to walk on this Earth. Jesy deserved someone who'd be able to take care of her, who would know what to do to take what's making her sick away. I couldn't do any of it. She suffered while I watched. Wow, what a catch I was.

Quickly so Jesy wouldn't wake up and catch me crying, I detached my lips from her forehead and wiped away the tears with the back of my hand. Sniffling, I turned my head to the right so I could look at her.

Although she looked sicker than ever, she was still perfect to me. Tan or pale, curvy or thin, my girlfriend was still the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eyes on. Nothing would ever change the way I saw her. She was my angel. My beautiful, beautiful angel.

"I love you, Jessica. Don't ever doubt that."

I gave her slightly parted lips a gentle peck, then I rolled out of bed. We were going on a date today and according to the clock on the wall it was already 8 in the morning. It was about time to get a move on. I grabbed my rose gold iPhone and my white earphones from the light brown bedside table. Smiling faintly, I fetched the clothes I picked out last night.

Feeling slightly happier, I made my way to the bathroom. Once I was inside, I closed and locked the door. I plugged in my earphones and put my "thinking of her"-playlist on shuffle. Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, I started doing my make-up.

"I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be alright
People keep talking, they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright

No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you..."

This song made me feel like an emotional wreck everytime I listened to it. The lyrics were just so...accurate. As if Alicia wrote the song for me and Jesy, and for us two only.

"When the rain is pouring down
And my heart is hurting
You will always be around
This I know for certain

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be alright
People keep talking, they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright